1

♛Aishwari pov♛

Living in a luxurious mansion was never something I thought would happen in my life. But here I'm working as a maid in a mansion. I'm one of the personal maids of the princess who lives here; she's the one who saved me from being executed because I was someone who was supposed to be trafficked for sexual use. And I'm always thankful towards... the modern-day princess, Alicia Fernandez, known as an innocent sweetheart who captures every heart with her smile. She's known as kind, sweet, and others. Even though I know all that has proven to be wrong to me after working under her, she's a sweet snake who makes sure you're in her wrap. I don't hate her because of it. If manipulating and acting not her true self is how she chooses to live, then it's none of my business.

As I walk towards the bar with her, because today she chose me to be beside her (my bad luck), I see three people talking to each other - one of them my boss (also Alicia's dad) and the other two with their backs towards me. Not wanting to eavesdrop, I stand around the corner while Alicia sits beside her dad with her charming personality to impress the other two. After staring at them for minutes, I'm already bored and start doing my everyday thing when I'm bored: imagining fake scenarios. Today, I choose to create happy fake scenarios, which helps me from getting bored without moving my body. I didn't know when time passed by, but when I heard my name being called, I turned towards Alicia with a reply, "Yes, ma'am." She told me to come towards her, and I did.

After getting near her, she introduced me as one of her best friends to the men and women sitting opposite her. Turning my head towards them to bow my head as a way of acknowledging them, I raised my head to look at them, only to feel like I've seen them somewhere before. Finding myself staring at them while thinking where I saw them, I immediately looked down, realizing I was basically staring at them (even though my attention wasn't on their face but my mind), and squeaked a "Sorry for staring." I was embarrassed to even mention staring at them, but that didn't mean I wouldn't apologize; what I did was creepy, so I had to apologize, no matter what I felt. Finding no other purpose to stand there, I said, "If you please excuse me," and aimed to walk quickly out of the bar. But before I could even put one leg forward, I heard a deep, somehow sweet voice asking me, "What's your name? Your friend never said your name." The woman indicated Alicia's oversight.

"My name is Aishwarai," I replied.

Another deep and commanding voice asked immediately, "How long have you been here?"

"9 or 10 months, I think," I answered.

Before they could ask me another question, I excused myself, feeling unnerved by them

As I walked out of the hall, I saw Sarah, and I knew I made the right decision by walking out. As I walked towards her, she saw me and waved, giving me her shy hello, making me want to kiss her. She's cute, and one day I hope I can tell her my feelings and ask if she's interested in women.

"Hey, how's work going?" I asked as I reached her.

"It's going great," she said with a smile.

"Ooh, that's good. If your work finishes in the evening, maybe we can have coffee together? You cool with that?"

"Yeah, I'll be there," she said with her eyes cast down, a blush rising on her cheeks. (Something I've noticed is that she always blushes around me, not others.) After answering, she walked to where she had work to do, and I happily walked – or skipped – towards the garden, where I was going to help the gardener, Joseph, and put the money I stole from Alicia in my secret place.

I'm always thankful towards Alicia for rescuing me, but she's no different from the mafia people she's surrounded with. She uses me like I'm a slave, not only me but the other maids she rescued, to make her look innocent, only to be used by her without getting paid or respected.

As one of the maids she rescued, I wasn't given money for my work. I should be grateful for the food they gave me and the shelter they provided. And yes, I'm grateful, but I'm only going to be her slave for months as a way of repaying her kindness (a show). I worked for her for months, and as I planned, one day I'm going to run away from here and live a peaceful life.

I've been hesitant to do what I planned because I know there are other maids suffering just as much as me, so I've been thinking of running away with them all. But that's going to be impossible to do, because the people she rescued worship her and fear her father and the people who work under her father fear they'll be killed if they try to leave.

So the only option I have is to escape alone, which is why I've been hesitant to share my feelings with Sarah. But today I'm going to confess, and if she says no, I'll be the happiest, as I'm going to run away tomorrow and move on if she says no. But if she says yes, it will be harder for me to run away with the thought of leaving her here, but I'll try to take her with me if she's ready to come.

As evening came, I waited for her at the maids' kitchen, a place where we spend our time chatting. There she was, walking towards me with her cheeks tinted with blush and her eyes searching if anyone else was in the kitchen. When her eyes landed on the dining table with two plates and her favorite food, her eyes immediately found mine, thanking me with her eyes.

Smiling, I indicated for her to sit opposite me and served her the food. "Tell me, how's the food? I especially asked Maya (the maid chef) to make it with less spice."

"Oo...thank you...but how did you know I don't like it spicy?" she said with a smile.

"I've noticed you don't like it...but I hope you like it spicy in bread?" I replied with a smile and a wink.

"Maybe...if you want to know, you have to make me spread," she said and laughed to herself, saying, "That was cheesy of us."

"Yeah, it was, but it's nice to see you blushing and laughing at the same time."

"Ooh...stop with your flirting," she said, giggling.

"Okay...okay...but I'll stop if you answer my question."

"Of course, ask away, Aish."

"Are you into me?" I didn't want to beat around the bush anymore, so I asked directly.

"I-i...Umm...yes..." she said with her head bowed down.

Knowing her, she's shy and wants to hide her face. Surprised, I was lost for words, and it took me seconds to recover and ask another question.

"Are you ready to run away from here and be my girlfriend?"

Her bowed-down head suddenly looked up, and she stared straight into my eyes with fright.

"You're not going to run away, are you?"

"Yes, I am," I said firmly.

"Please...please don't. You'll get killed...we can be a couple and live a life here...that's better than being killed...please, I don't want to lose...don't try to run away, Aish."

She said, tears in her eyes, her hand reaching to touch mine.

"I'm sorry, Sarah, but I don't want to live here anymore. I want to enjoy life outside these four walls, so please come with me. I want you with me to enjoy life together."

Out of nowhere, she asked me with a firm voice, "Do you love me?"

I was surprised but replied honestly, "I don't know about love, but I like you for who you are, and I wish to get to know you more and fall in love with you."

"Right! How can I sacrifice my life for someone who doesn't even love me?" she asked with anger and pain.

I felt hurt and sorry. "I'm sorry, Sarah, but loving someone takes time, and I know for sure you don't love me too. But I'm in the first stage of falling in love with you. To love you fully, I need to know you in every way."

"I'm sorry for hurting you with my words," I continued, "but for me, loving someone takes time. It's okay if you're not ready to run away with me; I understand. No one can run away with someone who isn't even in love with you yet and still wants you to come with them."

"Stay here and let's fall in love," she said, crying.

"I'm sorry, darling, but I can't do that. I don't want to live like this anymore. I've been in jail since I was born until now. I want to live at least once. I'm sorry... I'm sorry," I said with tears streaming down my face.

Don't forget to vote (☆) guys