2

♛Aishwari pov♛

I've been on the run for two weeks now, and for the past three days, my periods have been slowing me down. The first three days are always filled with vomiting, low blood pressure, overflow, and overall tiredness; I'm in a state where I can't get up. But even in that state, I tried to stay on the move as much as I could.

I don't know where I am right now, but I'm in a city filled with people, so I'm sure it will be hard for them to find me here. I wanted to be on the safe side, so I've been on the run with minimal rest. But today, I'm going to rest in a corner I can find.

After sleeping for hours, I found myself waking up to dark clouds and human laughter. Groaning, I stood up from the floor and stretched my body, enjoying the freedom of doing what I want. Smiling to myself, I stood there thinking about how I'm going to live from now on.

One thing I know for sure is I'm going to be free... I am free, and that's what I've been craving and what I deserve. But to enjoy this freedom, I have to survive, and the only way I can think of right now is stealing. I don't think people will appoint someone to a job without certificates or ID.

So, what I'm going to do is steal from rich people; I know it's not morally great, but I have to do what I have to survive. And the money I saved is finished, so today is the first day of my money-stealing spree. I chose the outside of a club at night; it was the safest option without being caught.

Outside the club, I waited to see a drunk, rich kid to steal from. As my eyes searched, I saw a familiar figure - Alicia. Knowing very well who it was, I ran away from there. But I was caught by her eyes before I could even escape, and I could hear her commanding her bodyguards to chase me.

"Shit, shit, shit," I muttered under my breath and ran with every strength in my body, but I was stopped by a car suddenly stopping in front of me. And somehow, seeing the car also made the guards stop in their tracks.

The driver's side door opened, and I saw someone I never expected to see - the man who asked me how long I'd been working in the mansion. Seeing him, my instinct told me to run away, to run far away from him. There was something about him and his partner's aura that made everyone gulp and hold their breath.

As he came out, another figure started to come out from the car - his partner. Seeing them together in a situation where I never expected to see them, and my instinct telling me to run, I prepared myself to run to the left while counting one to three. I ran when I counted three, but I was caught by a hand around my waist, my back pressed into someone's chest, and my hands caught between wrists.

Before I could comprehend what was happening and try to escape, I was threatened with a woman's familiar voice, "Don't move." I had no intention of obeying people's commands anymore in my life. When she said that word, I was out of shock from being caught so fast and could understand the situation.

And the moment it clicked in my head, I started to thrash around in her arms. In my thrashing, I could see the man starting to walk towards my front side, making me want to get out of her hold even faster.

I don't know when my voice started to come out, but I could hear myself screaming in this bizarre situation, "Leave me alone, stop it, leave me!"

"That's not going to happen, darling," said the one in my view.

My heart was skipping extremely fast with fear, fear of losing my freedom again. As I thrashed around, tried biting her arms, tried headbutting her, and screamed - even after trying everything I could - the woman didn't seem hurt by the biting and hitting. She took me to the back of the car, got inside herself, while the man took the driver's seat and drove away, with me trying to break free from the car.

I don't know when I got tired of crying and trying to break free from the chains she locked on my hands and legs. Now, I'm looking outside, trying to distance myself from the woman sitting beside me, while thinking why I'm in this situation, and I couldn't find any answers.

Feeling unnerved and on the verge of breaking down again, I took a deep breath in and out to calm myself and think rationally. While I couldn't find anything to think rationally about at the moment, I tried to think why they kidnapped me.

While I could find many reasons why they would kidnap me, I couldn't pinpoint one reason, so I decided to ask them, even though there's little chance of them saying, but I didn't have any other alternative to know. So I asked, "Why are you two doing this?"

"Because you're the first one who caught both of our attention," said the woman.

"Huh... what?" I asked, confused.

"That we would love to know more about you, darling," said the man.

"So, if you want to know about someone, do you just force them to come with you?" I asked, trying hard to suppress my anger.

"Oo... No, sweetheart, it's our first time, so do tell me how good we were, init?" said the woman, coming closer and putting two fingers under my chin to lift my head. My eyes met hers, showing anger and fear together. Hers showed something else that I couldn't describe.

I could see her eyes falling to my lips and back to my eyes. "Do you remember where we first met?"

"Yeah, at the mansion of-" Before I could complete my sentence, she tsked and said, "Wrong answer, sweetheart. Try to remember when we first met, then maybe we'll take it slow."

A smirk played on her lips. When I met them at Alicia's mansion, I knew I had seen them before, but I couldn't remember where. Still, I couldn't recall.

While I tried hard to think and remember every situation where I could have met them, I couldn't find myself remembering anything.

When we reached the front of a massive, ornate gate that exuded sinister grandeur with its looming presence and gilded adornments, I panicked even more, knowing we had reached their destination.

Don't forget to vote (☆) guys