Chapter Ten: Monsters in Disguise

Present People talking in memories will be this font.
Past people will be this one.

Thank you :) - Halo <3
_______________________________________

Sofia stared at the carpeted floor with her head in her hands as she let the memories float back in. The events from last night shocked her a bit, she just wished she wasn't technically forced to have that night. The experience she shared with Jordan was mostly due to Cate tricking them into a night to fill their heads with something to pull them away from Sam and the Woods.   

Yet she didn't regret spending the night with them together... or telling them about her past. The alcohol that she consumed also didn't help the situation since she broke her own promise after swearing her whole life never to have any.

A slight sniffle made Sofia realize she wasn't alone, her head snapping to see Andre sitting on the couch. The girl thought for a moment before slowly started getting up with a random drink she got and sitting down beside him, handing the red cup to him. The boy muttered a thanks as he downed the entire cup.

Sofia crossed her arms, "It's crazy about the Cate situation. Kinda messed up she did that to us." she stated, noticing how the boy tensed up with mention of the girl. "Never thought she would do that."

"Yeah well guess she did." He replied, not seeming happy about the situation. "That is exactly what she does. She makes you fall in love with her and then she fucks you over."

"No this school fucks you over." Sofia responded, turning to him. "You know getting into God U was amazing, it saved me from so much. It was like my new home you know?" she took in a deep breath, "But now I know it's just the same as the shithole I grew up in."

"You know what's wild? I can handle that. I can even deal with the fact that my father's a coward piece of shit. But all of this? After everything... Cate. She was apart of this Sofia." Andre explained, sitting up a bit.

"You gonna hear her out about it?"

Andre rubbed his face with a heavy sniff, "Why should i? She's been lying to us this whole fucking time."

"Cause you care for her." Sofia started, making eye contact with him. "She's your friend, and you were close to her, you already lost Luke to the Woods so why should you lose Cate? Yes she was in our minds but maybe something's going on that we don't know about."

"If it were Jordan would you hear them out?"

Sofia thought for a moment, even though she didn't need to think about it... she'd always listen to them, if they were in Cate's place she wouldn't hesitate to listen to them to find out why they did what they did.

"Yes."

Andre nodded. It seemed like he thought for a moment before turning to her, "You and Jordan just hook up, or was there actually something there?"

Sofia chuckled, raising her brow at him. "You think I would just sleep with them without actually having feelings for them? Ouch man, just ouch."

"I meant the whole Oliver thing. I thought you liked him and now you like Jordan. Not trying to be mean about it, I'm just curious." Andre explained.

"I've always liked Jordan. Maybe in my mind it seemed I didn't have a chance with them so I tried to hide my feelings by talking to Oliver.. but that was just a shit show. Deep down it was always Jordan who has my heart." Sofia smiled, staring down at the ground as her heart started beating a bit faster.

A voice screamed through the building. "Help! I need some help in here!" Jordan screamed, causing both of them to get up and run towards the voice.

When the got their Sofia noticed the way Cate was having a seizure like episode on the floor, her eyes went wide as she got on her knees beside the girl. "What the hell happened?!"