Chapter One

Ren's POV

Some days are hard, some are easy. Others are just a pain in the ass. Like today. The day my mom is making my brother and me move in with her and her new husband Mike. Don't get me wrong, mike seems like an alright guy, and he seems to make my mom happy, but let's get one thing straight- He will never, ever be my father.

My father was a great man who gave his life fighting for our country. He was brave and showed my brother and i how to love unconditionally. He was our role model, our knight in shining armor who was always by our sides whenever we got hurt, mad, sad, or afraid. He was always there to save us. Until he couldn't be anymore.

The only person besides my dad who knows me inside and out, is my twin brother Max. When our dad died, I went into a deep depression, and I had long-term grief, and max helped me with coping and getting better. I had self harmed, and thought of killing myself more times then once. I guess that's a reason I don't like people, because I'm so scared they will look at me differently because I have depression.

"Ren, get your ass down here! We need to finish loading the boxes in the car! And for fucks sake, help your brother with Remi!" My mom yells from the living room. I roll my eyes in annoyance and grab my backpack off the floor in my old room and start walking downstairs.

"Aunt ReRe!" My niece runs into my legs, holding onto them for dear life.

"Well hello to you too sweetheart. Now where's your dad?" I ask her.

"I'm right behind you Renny. Now can you look after Remi, while i finish packing the car?" He half asks me, with a pleading look on his face.

"Fine, im sure remi and i can find something to occupy ourselves with while we wait. Isnt that right Remi?" I peer down at remi. 

" Yup, well find something to do dad. Now shoo."

As Max goes to finish loading boxes in the car, i ask remi what she would like to do.

"Sleep!!!" She yelled excitedly

 "You can sleep in the car. We've got everything packed so let's load up and go." Mom says after she picks remi up. 

We all get in the car and are now on our way to our new house. 

A/N - So i have depression, anxiety, and ocd, so the experiences my characters have with those mental illnesses will mostly come from my own experience. But for anyone else who is struggling with mental health just know that it does not make you weak or weird. You are strong for going through that, and still being here. It's something I'm still coming to terms with, but we're all here for a reason. So please live your best lives and have no regrets. Live your lives to the fullest! Don't let anyone knock you down.
I love y'all! Take care of yourselves lovelies! 💖

Also thank you guys for being patient with me. Writers block is a bitch, but lmk how you liked the chapter. Sorry for the short one, but the net one will hopefully be longer. 

Ella x