Chapter Forty Nine: Cosplay

49. Cosplay

03-02-2024

A/N: This chapter explores more of the MC's relationships with other characters :)

Q: What's your favorite song? If you don't have one, what is a song you're currently enjoying now?

-----

"So, what's all this for?" You asked as you approached Senku and Gen. Seeing as to how desperate some of the people were when piling up the weeds and reeds, you assumed they somehow used a few tricks up their sleeves.

Your partner replied, "We're gathering all of these to make hemp cloth for a hot-air balloon."

You widened your eyes in surprise and enthusiasm. "A hot-air balloon?!"

"Yup! We'll be able to look for oil from up high! But we needed to convince all these guys first with the help of the mentalist," said the scientist.

Gen cheerfully piped up with a mischievous grin appearing after, "Of course! If we don't get oil, then everyone's drago is simply useless...so we had time ensure that all the hard-earned drago doesn't go to waste~"

Senku then looked over to you. "And how was your talk with our captain here?"

You replied honestly, "I think we're on the same page, but I could tell that he knew what I was doing."

"Oh? You do a pretty good job convincing others. Maybe you need a little training from Mr. Mentalist here, kukuku..." the green-haired boy slightly snickered.

"Honestly, I believe (Y/N)-chan doesn't need my help. Compared to me, her charisma surpasses the both of us," the mentalist told the both of you with a close-eyed smile.

"Wow, I am touched," you chuckled, placing a hand on your chest. You then added, "Have you told the others about what you're making? ...especially Yuzuriha?"

"Not yet. I'm sure they'll think we're crazy though."

You all laughed before your group actually told them the ideas that Senku had. Surely to say, their reaction was expected from them.

"THAT'S CRAZY!"

The entire villager gang was looking at the three of you like you were joking. But obviously, you were serious. Hell, even Magma couldn't even say anything about it to you. Or he was too busy getting mocked by Yo before he could even do anything.

"How amazing would that be...to fly up in the sky like a bird..." Suika softly mentioned as she looked up at the sapphire skies above.

"Well, this is gonna be our long, tedious road map to get us airborne," Senku said as he unrolled a scroll with his instructions. Everyone was prepared to go all out to create complex science tools for the sake of flying, but the only thing needed was cloth. "Kukuku, this balloon's the just about the simplest thing imaginable. You could just pack up the entire flight kit and shove it into a car!"

"But if it's cloth, wouldn't the air leak right through?" Nikki asked.

"Nope. Earliest balloons were made that way, and there's a theory that the ancient Nazca lines were observed that way by their creators," the scientist explained.

You then started, "But our biggest hurdle though..."

"...we're gonna need a ton of cloth..." Yuzuriha finished as she had a worred look on her face.

With his devilish look on his face, the green-haired boy laughed in an evil tone, "Well, whaddaya know?! Looks like it's up to our handicrafts pro again! Didn't think of that! Not even for one millisecond!"