t h r e e

Diamonté Pov

"monté i could wear these glasses?" i heard bru ask as i did a once over in the mirror at my outfit

I looked over and saw she was holding my chanel shades that came out not too long ago and nodded. "yeah that's fine" i said as i fluffed my hair once more.

"girl what your parents do cause they need to put my parents on" bru said as she grabbed her car keys.

"my dad have businesses" i said simply, not really wanting to get on the topic of my parents then became sad when i realized my dad still hadn't called me.

"That's what's up it must be nice not having to work and strictly focusing on school" she said as we walked out of the hall.

"you're working?" i asked causing her to nod before responding "Yeah i work at this coffee shop down the street part time, i hate it" she answered.

"why?" i asked curiously, I always wanted a job but due to my father's lifestyle i was never able to do a lot of things other people did.

I basically had to beg him to go to school because i hated being home schooled and he eventually agreed when i was in eighth grade.

As we walked down the hall i stopped and said "i'll meet you in the car i forgot my gloss" i lied but she simply nodded as she texted away on her phone.

I walked into the room, locking the door behind me before getting on the floor to grab my burner phone that was taped under the nightstand. It took me a second to pull it off from how much duck tape i used but i eventually got it.

i waited for the phone to turn on before calling the number my dad had programmed. 

It rung three times before he answered, "hey baby" he said causing me to smile at his voice.

"hey dad" i said excitedly causing him to chuckle "everything okay?" i asked curiously since he hadn't called me like he said he would.

"everything is fine don't worry about me" he replied "how's school going?" he asked.

"great besides the fact that i have to write a paper speculating what might've happened in alejandro sunjata case and if his alleged sons davinci and daniel killed him for the throne" i said sarcastically.

"wow" he laughed "these people really think they know us" he said.

"yeah and they were saying that davinci has a daughter around our age" i said remembering that i wanted to bring that up to him.