Chapter 4

Wendy was hanging off to the side of the room as Harry was getting ready for his second show in Athens. Tomorrow, they were heading off to Australia. As beautiful as Greece was, she was excited to be somewhere for more than a few days. Harry had planned four weeks Down Under, with a lot of that time planned for downtime between shows. This gave his crew time to explore if they wanted, and Wendy was ready for it.

She had been keeping an eye on the online banter surrounding her friends, and just as Riggs had said, the frenzy was starting to die down. She was baffled by how intense the fans could be in supporting their friendship and how delusional some were. She appreciated how serious they all were about keeping their connection with her out of the media.

Wendy smiled as a call came through. It was her friend Emmett, who lived in LA. "Hello?"

"Don't hello me! Are you here in the States with your friend? If you are and didn't call, we're going to have words." He grinned. Emmett and Miles had also seen the excitement online that Suki was in the States and had questions.

Wendy laughed, "No, actually. I'm not. I'm in Greece at the moment."

"Oh, of course you are." Emmett scoffed. "On holiday, I assume."

"No. Well, kind of, I suppose. What are you guys up to?" She looked over to see Riggs watching her from across the room with a little smile. She blew him a kiss and got comfortable on the couch.

"Nothing major."

Miles took the phone from Emmett's hand. "Actually, to be honest, if you were here, we were going to make you introduce us to your friend."

"Oh, were you now?" she scoffed. You would be sorely disappointed. That's not going to happen."

"Why! Are you ashamed of us!" He joked.

"Always." She teased back. "She's pretty damn busy. Why do you want to meet her anyway?"

Miles shrugged. "Listen. She's friends with you, so she must be fun. Mental but fun."

"Oh, thank you very much. You're friends with me. What does that say about you two?" she quipped back.

"We met you when we were younger, so we didn't know any better. We're grandfathered in." Miles grinned. "OK, but honestly, we were wondering if you were in town. Your friend is all over the news. It's not hard to miss." He finally said a little more seriously. "We're giving you shit about meeting her, by the way."

She sighed, "No, I know. I've been watching it, too. It's crazy to read about when you know the people involved."

Miles thought for a moment, "Is the big guy with you still?"

"You mean Riggs? Yes, he's here." Riggs watched her look over to him again and smile as he started making his way to her.

"He seems pretty solid, by the way, and not physically, although I mean, he is—beast of a man and all."

Wendy grinned, "He is. He really is, in all the ways."

"Bloody hell," Miles murmured. Anyway, I'm just saying I'm glad he's keeping an eye on you. If you do make it to our neck of the world, though, we expect a call and a meet-and-greet." He jabbed one last time.

Riggs sat down next to her. She reached over, and he took her hand. "Don't worry. I'll let you know if I hit your quarter of the planet. Tell Emmett bye for me."

"Will do. Talk to you soon."

"Who was that?" Riggs asked as she hung up and shoved the phone in her pocket.

"Miles and Emmett. They were calling to see if I had snuck into California without telling them." She signed as she leaned over on his shoulder. "They were joking about wanting a meet and greet with my friend. They've been watching the news."