Chapter 4 (Ground Zero)

3 months ago. It is a normal evening in northern California. Brandon Bowman and his mother are preparing for dinner.

Mrs Bowman: Brand, is the table set?

Brandon: Yeh mom. Should I call the kids down yet, or is it too early?

Mrs Bowman: I'd say call them down, dinner's almost ready. Unless they're on their weekly video call with their friends.

Brandon: I'm sure they're just about wrapping things up now. I'll go and check.

Brand leaves the dining room and heads upstairs. He opens the door to Darius's room and finds him and Kenji on a video call with the others.

Brooklynn: I gotta go. Call you tonight, Kenji.

Sammy: Okay, real quick, I love you guys, care packages are on the way. Camp Fam for life.

Darius: Okay, see you all next week.

Yasmina/Sammy/Ben: Bye.

Kenji: Bye guys.

They end the video call.

Brandon: Yo, mom said dinner's ready, and if you don't get down there, I can't promise there'll be any chilly left.

Kenji stands up and leaves the room.

Kenji: You're replying to those comments, aren't you?

Darius: Just a few more.

Kenji follows Brand downstairs, leaving Darius on his computer. They enter the dining room, where Mrs Bowman was putting dinner on the table.

Kenji: Mmmm. Mrs B, your chilly smells delicious as always.

Mrs Bowman: Thank you Kenji. Darius still upstairs?

Kenji: Yep, responding to his fans. You know, if he's not careful, he could end up like Brooklynn.

Brandon: Should I tell her you said that.

Kenji: Please don't, she'd break up with me.

Brandon: Don't worry about it, bro. I'll just use it for blackmail later.

Kenji: Hay, last I checked that's illegal, officer Bowman.

Brandon: Fine by me, I always wanted to be a dirty cop.

They both laugh.

Mrs Bowman: Brand, can you take out the trash before we all forget about it again, please?

Brandon: Sure thing.

Brand picks up the trash bag and walks out the front door. As he's putting the bag in the bin, he feels a big rumble. Confused, he looks around and sees nothing. He then feels another, and then another. Suddenly, out of the trees comes a Brachiosaurus. Brand looks up in amazement as it lets out a roar.

Brandon: What the...

The Brachiosaurus continues its walk. Brand then hears a growl. He looks in the direction of the growl and sees a blue Velociraptor was walking towards him. Blue lets out a roar of intimidation. Brand tries to back away but trips over. Seeing an easy meal, Blue was about to go in for the kill.

Darius: Hay, stop!

Blue holts her attack. Darius walks out, holding his hand up. Blue then switches from aggressive to tame, while still defensive. Darius puts himself between his brother and the predator, while Blue growled at him.