Short story (subchapter)

Nobara's POV

All I remember is walking to the next designer shop until a scary lady was following me.

"Um, excuse me?" I heard a high-pitched voice right behind me. It took all my willpower not to scream? WHO IS SHE???

"You know Itadori, don't you?" she asked me.

 I know Itadori, but why would I say yes?

But instead, the only words that come out of my mouth are, "come again?"

We walk over to a café while she explains to me how she was a friend of Itadori's with a serious glow-up. I still can't understand how someone can look so different in the span of six months. Oh, and her name is Yuko Ozawa.

"I worked up the courage to ask him to take a photo with me for our middle school graduation." she explains to me. This woman has guts.

"It's like that, right?" I ask, dumbstruck.

"Yeah, that's what I mean, it's like that!" Ozawa said.

I practically know nothing about Itadori, so call for Megumi instead. He knows Itadori better than me.

"And also, if you're interested in Itadori, then-" she trails off.

"No." I don't even give it any thought.

Megumi appears out of thin air, and I tell him that Ozawa knows Itadori from middle school.

"Oh, so it's like that, huh?" He asks in shock.

"Yeah, it's like that!"

"By the way, do you happen to know what his type is?" Ozawa asks. I try not to laugh.

"I think he mentioned that he likes tall girls." Megumi says. He didn't mention the other part..

"YOU HAVE A REAL SHOT!" I type in some messages telling him to come here, and he does, somehow at lightning speed.

He catches up with Ozawa, and my mind zones out for a while until she asks me if I have feelings for Itadori.

"Not if heaven and earth danced on the lambada." but my heart skips a beat. Arrythmia? Or am I simply catching feelings? I hope not. Maybe I have a cardiac heart disease. Hopefully.

As we leave Fushiguro comments on the fact that it should have ended on a good note.

"They didn't even exchange numbers. What was up with that?"

Suddenly I feel something. I feel... victory?

Nobara Kugisaki, are you seriously happy that those two didn't end up together?

Even better...

Are you happy because you know Yuji doesn't love her?

I nearly smack myself. Why am I being like this? I should be pitying he, not scheming like some villain! I feel a pang of guilt. But then there's one thing that I can't deny anymore.

I'm in love with Yuji Itadori.

________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I'm screwed.

a 418-word chapter. I may as well retire, grow a beard and move to the countryside.

I don't have much to say, but chapters may take a teensy bit longer than usual. Maybe I'll make multiple of these short stories. Should I?

....

Well, at least there was a cliffhanger...

xo, Nita