Celebrations and a Serious Conversation

Nobara's POV

Gojo, Itadori, Nobara, Megumi, Inumaki, Panda and Maki During the weekend after Nobara arrives at Jujutsu High, walking to a Teppanyaki restaurant

____________________________________________________

"Another surprise? I thought we were done with this shit," Megumi huffs while we walk.

It's a beautiful night here in Tokyo, with the clear, dark blue sky, with stars shining boldly, creating a wonderful night. The breezes are warm, given that it's a bit warmer than usual, but we came prepared with normal t-shirts (except Panda, who naturally wears nothing). The city lights twinkle at us while billboards flash at us and people bustle through the crowd. So this is what it's like, to live in the city.

Gojo is making the six of us follow him to god knows where, probably to exorcise a curse, although it's a bit late, Gojo is more unpredictable than Maki at training sessions. Even if we were supposed to exorcise something, we would need our uniforms...

Speaking of which, even though we're a small school, for the first time I feel like I'm fitting in. Although the people in my year are klutzes, the senpais are really cool. I learned that Maki-senpai is crazy powerful even without cursed energy, and could kill easily, and that Inumaki-senpai can make people blast away with just 2 words. And Panda-senpai is... a Panda.

"Relax, it's not like last time. We're just here to have some fun~" Gojo says, his exposed eyes twinkling.

"Shut that pretty-boy face of yours before it meets the bottom of my shoe" Maki spits out, exposing her studded boots.

"Aw, you think I'm pretty?~"

"Shut up."

"Sorry, but I'm not into younger women. Especially if they're named Maki."

She kicked him in the shins.

"Ow! I get it, you would hate rejection from an amazing man like me, but it's still okay to fantasize about me-"

Maki kicked him again. People were staring at us.

"Come on everyone, keep moving! Bakas" Megumi mutters. We all speed up, Gojo grinning and Maki looking murderous.

We end up at a Teppanyaki restaurant.

"Nice! I really needed some food, and Teppanyaki is my one of my favorites!" Yuji grins.

"Okaka." Inumaki agrees.

"What's the occasion?" Panda asks.

"Well, we're here to celebrate the arrival of our one and only wonderful student, Nobara Kugisaki!"

"Really? You didn't do this for us, even Itadori. I think we're here just to see you get drunk." Megumi points out, rolling his eyes.

We get seated inside, and chatter (except Inumaki, who uses rice-ball ingredients) excitedly about the Kyoto sister-school Goodwill Event (whatever the fuck that is) and watch the chefs make Teppanyaki. We then get steaming plates of Onigiri, Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki, Yakitori, rice, yasai tenpura, Shabu Shabu, Sukiyaki, Omurice, Sashimi and a bunch of other dishes. How are 6 people (and a Panda) supposed to eat all this?

I shouldn't have asked. Itadori is already halfway through his soba noodles.

We all eat a bit of everything, but Inumaki is secretly hoarding the Onigiri. Gojo steals some of Megumi's Takoyaki and Ginger curry and devours it, giggling to himself.

"HEY!" Megumi snaps, and punches Gojo in the arm. Maki restrains him, and then it turns into a full-fledged shouting match.

"Wanna get some air?" Yuji mutters to me. I nod. What's the worst that could happen?