PROLOGUE

Will the world ever return to what it was a thousand years ago? The question haunted her mind as she sat in the coffee house, gazing out and waiting for something, for someone. With each passing moment, the anticipation grew. "She should be here by now," she thought, taking a glance at her watch. Must she weave her fate into the currents of their present fates? Must she repeat the past carrying in her wake a trail of shattered destiny. She had tried changing her fate once before and had failed miserably. And that is why she should do this. For the world and for herself. Yet, she hesitated. Unlike her, who carried the weight of a destiny scripted over a thousand years, they were fully capable of embracing a genuine existence. No...She must not stop now. A millennium of existence had led her to this moment. This stood as her final opportunity to change the course of destiny. This time, she vowed to get it right, or at least she hoped so. She took a sip of the elixir, hoping for the best, offering a silent prayer to the unknown deity that had shaped her existence. The world seemed to slow down as she darted out of the coffee house and into the path of the moving truck, determined to push the girl away from imminent danger. The last sight imprinted on her gaze was his face – a visage unchanged through a thousand years. The face she had kissed countless times and yearned to embrace for an eternity. Eric... I've fulfilled my promise. I've finally come for you.