ྀ 4 : ᴀᴍʏɢᴅᴀʟᴀ

𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 ⇾ 𝒏𝒐𝒏𝒆

≻ 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕⇾3,395

ϟ

ϟ

ϟ

┌─⸉꒷꒦⸊─────────────┐
𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒊
└─────────────⸉꒷꒦⸊─┘

I don't know what I was expecting, exactly. Of course that guy would be back to return the book he checked out, but I was just hoping Soonja would be heading to the front counter when that time came. Also, I didn't expect him to be back so soon given that The Great Gatsby wasn't a quick read... Unless you had zero other things going on in your life.

Jisung. I barely remembered his name as he pushed through the front doors of the café, which usually I wouldn't remember something like a stranger's name, except he had been a weirdo about it when he ordered his beverage the first time. My lip corners subconsciously curled downwards slightly at the recollection of what seemed to be a joke he'd made regarding my name and demeanor.

Small iced chai.

Huffing quietly to myself, I forced my eyes away from the young man as he approached the counter, the familiar royal blue cover novel in his grasp. Wiping the distasteful expression off my face, I smoothly replaced it with my usual emotionless look.

"Hey, Chai," Jisung greeted casually as if we'd known each other for years, causing my working hands to halt in their movements for merely a second as I finished drying one of the freshly washed glasses. He'd pronounced my name wrong again, but before I could correct him, he continued. "I finished The Great Gatsby. It was good but I think I expected more exciting content given how famous it is. I still enjoyed it though. Have you finished it?"

Pausing for a moment as I contemplated how to respond, given I'd never actually read the famous English novel, I decided that being as vague as possible was the safest bet.

"No," I answered, reaching my hand forward to meet the boy halfway as he handed over the book.

I could feel his big brown doe eyes watching me as he rhythmically drummed his slender fingers over the counter, but I refused to give him the satisfaction of looking up. I simply scanned the code along the book's spine to enter its return into our library system before beginning my trek towards the shelves to return it to its home.

Why do I feel like he's gonna follow me-

"So, any other book recommendations? Maybe something more... Not boring?"

Skidding to a stop, I rotated my body halfway to cast a flat stare up at the young man. He simply stared back at me with a dumbfounded and slightly surprised expression before forcing a goofy grin.

"No offense," he added.

Facing forward once again, I simply followed my body's built-in compass that had memorized the ins and outs of these labeled bookshelves.

"What genres are you interested in?" I questioned in a tone that I tried my best to make sound professional as a worker here, though I was still not the type to ever speak in a chipper manner.