12 || 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: ɪ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴅᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ 'ᴋᴀʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴋɪᴅ' ʀᴇғᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇs! ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ 2010 ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴛᴇᴄʜɴɪǫᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ sᴇʟғ-ᴅᴇғᴇɴsᴇ.

****

 -𝟽:0𝟸 𝙰𝙼 -

At the butt crack of dawn, she had been awoken from her sleep in that wonderful bed of hers. Jade could already tell this was already going to be a rough morning, afternoon, and evening. She's aching from the lack of sleep, not eating as much as she should, and working those long shifts at Metro Diner. What boosted her energy for a bit was a cup of orange juice and a fruit bowl with granola and vanilla yogurt.

Now that she had her fill, her eyes became refreshed, her muscles loosened up, and she stood in the lair with hardly any sunlight gazing through to the lair's floor. With her are the four brothers and Splinter.

Together, the six of them took in deep breaths with their eyes closed, feeling their pulses in their wrists, neck, and chest. Each of them sat on a pillow or a firm cushion to soften their seat. The girl had her legs crossed, mimicking the exercise to get the full experience of peace and pure release.

In.

Out.

In.

And out.

Jade lifted her right eyelid open, looking at Donnie and Raph, who were meditating silently. She closes her eyes and opens the left, noticing Leo and Mikey are doing the same. Then, Jade cracked both eyes to see Splinter directly across from her. She isn't sure what is supposed to be happening within her. Jade questions the way they do things, especially sitting in a dimly lit room with nothing but silence and a billion questions lingering in her thoughts. What is this supposed to do? Relax her, of course, but what else? She assumed it was to clear her mind, too.

Splinter lifted his eyes open to finish his meditation and breathed out a little louder to signal his children and Jade to come back to the center of the circle. "Good." He says. "Now," The rat stood up from his pillow. "Training new warriors is like training an infant how to walk." He said, his hands behind his back.

"Great." Jade whispered faintly, feeling a large thought raid her head to let her know that this wouldn't be the best walk in the park.

"My sons," Splinter said aloud to them, gaining their full attention. "Treat Jade well. Be patient with her." He steps to the side of the dojo, watching as one of his sons gets up from his spot and bows before entering the center of the dojo.

Before she knew it, Jade was loosening up a little so she could start her official training by stretching her back, legs, and tight, untrained arms. She watched the Brothers stretch out their limbs, too, breathing in and out smoothly until they all stood up in the dojo with Jade. 

Jade unzipped the light grey jacket she wore to allow some air to pass through the material and prevent her from overheating. She wants to know what the first day's lessons would include. Will she become proficient at blocking? To strike out? Although Jade is initially adamantly against the concept, she is now eager to make positive changes in her life as she is here receiving personal training from the mutants.

Donatello, one of the four brothers who will teach her how to fight, decided to take the lead and motioned Jade to stand in front of him as he moved into the center of the dojo. "Before we begin, have a clear and open mind." Donnie says as he circles her, his arms scaled and fibrous. Jade has a really athletic build, from what he could see, but Don needed to put that to the test with a lot of muscle memory training to be sure her strength would increase. "First," Donatello says to her, standing directly in front of his trainee. "Take the jacket off." He gestured to it.