Chapter 17: Tasha

Tonight was the night. I looked in the mirror fiddling with my dress. After the make up and hair session I was on edge. My hands shook with nerves and I tried taking a deep breath. The door opened and I turned around to see my father. "Tasha" my father whispered. His eyes wide and a smile appeared. He came towards me holding my shoulder looking into the mirror.

"You look so beautiful". "Thank you, dad". He turned me around sighing. "I know it's always been hard for you. With...your mother leaving  but I'm happy you're finally coming out your shell. I thanked Caroline for helping you" my father explained. "How do you now about Caroline"? I asked. "She called the house phone and I answered. You didn't think I thought you paid for all of this stuff for prom without a job" my father teased.

A blush of embarrassment flooded my face. "I wanted to at least contribute something so.. down stairs is a black suv. I want you to go to the dance and have fun. But not too much fun" my father cautioned. I laughed nodding my head. He walked me downstairs and I met my brother at the steps.

We locked arms and I smiled. "You look pretty" Connor said rolling his eyes.  I snickered "my little brother being so nice". "Don't get too sappy" my brother said dryly opening the car door. My father helped push my dress inside and they closed the door. I rolled the window down waving goodbye.

"HAVE FUN" my father yelled. Once we were a street away I rolled down the window and tightening the grip on my seatbelt. "I can do this" I repeated. By the time I noticed we were in front of the gorgeous hall that the school had rented. I bidded the uber and looked at the building. I was two hours late however there was still couples going in.

I walked up the steps handing my ticket over to find a beautiful under-the-sea theme. Blue. His favorite color. I took a deep breath going out the doors to find a long white spiral stair case. Down below lay the shimmering dance floor full of kids in formal wear. My eyes scowered until they landed on Emmett. He looked godly with his black suit. His raven hair was gelled with a curl in the back.

I got to bottom of the steps and looked around. What was I supposed to do now? I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me jump. I turned around to Milton in a purple suit that asentuated his waist. "You look...wow. I mean just oh my god. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. What are you doing here" he gasped? I held his hand letting him catch his breathe.

"You only live once right" I grinned. Milton threw his shoulder around me and leaned his head against my own. Kyle walked over with two drinks in hand. It was funny seeing him in formal wear with his muscaler shoulders. Noticing me he paused then circled us. Milton grabbed his drink and pulled Kyle away. "Stop that" Milton hissed.

Kyle shook his head with disablef "I'm sorry. It's just. DAMN. You look amazing" Kyle blurted. Milton held his temple shaking his head. While I bit my lip in embarrassment. "Thank you" I said slowly. "Nice compliment jackass" Milton rolled his eyes. "Babe, you know you're the most handsome guy I've ever seen" Kyle flirted wrapping his arm around Milton. Milton lips tipped up in a smile and he leaned his back against Kyle chest.

They were a cute couple. I was happy when Kyle prom-posed I could see their chemistry. I looked away from them back to where I last saw Emmett. However, he was no longer their. I did see Giana. Hair curled to one side with a beautiful blue sparky mermaid dress. That reveled her perfect hourglass shape. "Pinky" I heard someone speak over the loud music.

I looked behind me and tilted my head up. Their he was looking at me like prince charming. "Hey, Emmett" I said awkwardly. He didn't say anything but just stared. Kyle slapped his back making his eyes move to Kyle. Emmett laughed awkwardly looking at Milton then back to me.

"You look" he paused. "Gorgeous" he said breathlessly. Something about the way he said that one word had my heart pounding. I looked at my feet and back to him. "Thank you.. You look really handesome" I complimented. He gulped and eyes blinked vericouly.

"I -. He paused when an arm rapped around him "you forgot your crown, babe". Giana pulled his arm tightly tilting her head at me. "You both won prom queen and king" my voice pitched. "Obvi, why wouldn't we" Giana smiled. "You both deserve it" Milton glared while fake smiling. Giana frowned noticing the sarcasm in Milton's voice. "It was enough being with you in the limo" Giana huff glaring at Milton.

I glance back at Emmett noticing him already staring at me. "I want to dance" Giana shrilled. She dragged Emmett away to the dance floor.
I turned back to Milton and Kyle. "That bitch" Milton barked. Kyle laughed and Milton rolled his eyes. "Are you okay" Milton side glanced at me.

"Great" I lied. "You sure" Kyle paused. I nodded and Kyle slipped his hand in Milton. "Let's dance," Kyle said. Milton looked at me with a hesitating look. "Go ahead" I moved my head to the dance floor. Milton squeezed my hand and left with Kyle. As I looked at the dance floor I heard the music settle into a slow dance. Everyone coupled up I began to feel somber.

"Tasha" someone whispered into my ear. I jumped holding my ear looking at the tall figure beside me. "Damien" I squeaked. "You look beautiful" Damien laughed at my reaction. "Thank you," I said admiring his white suit. "Can I have this dance?" he asked holding out his hand. I hesitated and placed my hand in his.

We moved through the crowd and settled in one spot. Damien placed his hand on my lower back and I laid on my hand almost at his shoulders. Which I couldn't reach. We swayed to the music and I glance at the other couples.
My eyes paused on Milton who thumbed up me and I held in my laugh. I looked away feeling a hard gaze on me. I locked eyes with Emmett. My eyes grew wide in shock.

Emmett Pierce was not looking at me how he usually does. His eyes were fierce and face harden. I could see the twitching clench of his jaw. That one look gave so much emotion.

Is Emmett Pierce attracted to me?

**********
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Do you think Emmett is jealous or just doesn't want Tasha to get hurt? Please vote and comment. I would love feedback!