Question...?

Max had been crashing at yours, you weren't exactly sure how long he would be here. Overhearing some conversation he had, he hadn't planned on leaving for some time. It wasn't a total issue, just the fact that Renee hadn't spoken to you in some time was.

"Hey y/n," max spoke, walking into the kitchen to where you had been making cookies. "I'm sorry about the other day, I just I don't know what got over me."

You stopped mixing the batter, turning to max. "Max it's fine I promise." You smiled, though you wouldn't tell him the truth.

Renee pov:
Renee laid in her bed, her eyes red from crying so much. She flicked through her phone, hoping some sort of distraction would help the painful feeling. A knock came from the door, along with Ava's voice.

"Ree? Are you okay? You haven't stayed in your bed this long since one direction broke up... and that was a bad time..." she sighed, poking her head in. "Oh you're crying... was it a boy?" She questioned sitting next to her.

Renee sniffled looking up at Ava, "it wasn't a boy, it was a girl ava. I'm gay." Her lip quivered "I don't want to be like this. I don't like who I am." Her voice cracked, covering her face. "I kissed y/n. I don't know why, or what I was thinking but I did." She sobbed.

Ava held onto Renee, hushing her as she stroked her hair. "Hey it's okay. I'm so proud of you okay? Who knows maybe y/n loved it! Maybe they needed that little push to feel so much more confident and be their true self." Ava then pressed her face against Renee's head.

"What if I scared them away Ava? What if I truly lost y/n for good this time. Especially since this so called max is in town." Renee moved her head to look up at Ava. "What if y/n thinks I'm a total creep."

Ava frowned, shaking her head. "You shouldn't let your own thoughts get the best of you." Ava then grabbed Renee's phone, handing it her. "Why not give them a message?"

Renee looked at her phone, then up at Ava. "And what if that gets my number blocked? Then what?"

Ava gave her a look, "oh come on you can't keep creating so many different scenarios and avoid ever messaging them again."

Renee wiped her face, before unlocking her phone and messaging y/n. "If I get blocked this is totally your fault." She said, being total truthful.

Renee 10:00pm
Hey y/n are you okay? I haven't heard from you

Y/n 10:10pm
Seen

Renee 10:15pm
I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable in anyway. I don't know what I was thinking.

Y/n 10:20 pm
Typing...

Renee sucked in a sharp breath, looking over towards Ava who had seemingly been more scared than she was. "You're not the one y/n hates, why are you so stressed?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

Ava looked over towards her, "girl I'm still stressed, I feel like I'm a part of this now. They need to hurry up and reply because I can feel some bald spots coming." Ava frowned.

Y/n pov:

"I don't even know what to say to this, or how I should reply. I mean I don't find her to be a creep, taken back yes but that's all." You spoke, looking down at your phone before looking back up to max.

"Sounds like she's playing the victim, I mean it's clear isn't it? But don't let what I say get to your head." Max called out before falling onto the couch.

Y/n - 10:26pm
Hey, no don't apologise it's fine. I was a bit taken back but that's all, just been busy with work and getting casted for new roles. Heard your new song, sounds cool.

"That doesn't sound too bland does it?" You asked knowing max would give a dumb answer.

"If you want someone to leave you alone then no and if you don't yes." Max stretched out.

"I don't know what I want. I don't know how I feel. Maybe this will all die down." Even saying the words aloud, you didn't believe it one bit. After all it had been max you were trying to convince.