Chapter 1

Everything hurts, I can't feel anything, it's such a blur, all I know is that I was walking across the road and suddenly I'm in a sterile white hospital room. I've been here for ages, I feel like there's no chance of me getting out of here I have no injuries, and I have no clue why they are keeping me here.

I have been awake for days and haven't seen one of my friends, are they even my friends now? I ended up taking a nap to attempt to wake up from this bright white landscape of hell. When I woke up someone was lying on the couch in my room, I recognised him only when he turned over, it was that guy I ran into on the day of my accident. I think his name is Arcturus Silvester, I think that he was the one to receive the principal award last year due to his grades. I honestly wonder what he is doing here.

As if he could hear my train of thought he suddenly sat up and cleared his throat, as if he was trying to get my attention, he already had it.

"I know you are probably thinking what on earth I am doing here, but you are getting discharged today and your parents are unable to take you home so that's what I am here for." His words seemed to effortlessly roll off the tip of his tongue, I think I'm falling for this man.

"Oh, um, thanks that's very kind of you to help me out like this." I tried to sound as calm as possible whilst speaking, but it seemed quite impossible given the fact an attractive young man was seated in front of me. I swear that throughout a couple of days, he just got more attractive, everything about him just seemed so different.

Shortly after that encounter, we were walking out of the hospital and headed towards his car, the moment we left the safety of the hospital walls my stomach started churning and I felt like I was falling down this endless spiral. I chalked it up to just being the general nerves of being back into a car, because well it was a car that caused me to end up in the hospital.

The whole ride home I couldn't stop feeling nauseous, my leg was constantly bobbing up and down I just couldn't seem to get it to stop, Arcturus rested his free hand on my knee in an attempt to help settle the nerves, it helped dull them slightly but I still can't stop that horrid feeling bundling in my stomach that something bad is gonna happen. It's this sense of impending doom that I can't seem to get around.

As we pull into my street I turn to face Arcturus, "Hey, thanks for bringing me home, is this the end of your duty?" I ask trying to hide the fact that my brain is still spiralling with anxiety. "Call me Archie, but nope this isn't the end of my duty, I'm meant to make sure you stay safe until your parents can fuss over you," He says it like it's some huge joke. "Oh," I draw a deep breath, "Alright just please don't belittle me, I'm probably just going to read until my parents arrive home." "Are you sure about that lucky?

" "Lucky?"

"It's a nickname I just thought of, what do you think of it? I'm Archie your Lucky."

"It's fine I guess but I swear if that means we are friends."

"Aww I thought we were, but I guess your friend wouldn't take you to get Korean BBQ now would they?"

"Really!" The thought set in sudden confusion, "Wait, how do you know I like Korean BBQ?"

"Your friends tried to bring you out of the comatose by trying to convince you with your favourite BBQ place, it didn't work obviously but I thought we could stop at your house and go and get food."

"Do they at least know that I'm awake?"

"Yeah they said they'll see you tomorrow, they wanted you to settle back into reality first."

"Oh ok" I pause as we turn into my street "You can wait out here whilst I go get dressed"

"Your not going to invite me in?"

"I'd rather not because." I pause pulling into my driveway, "You know what, fine you can come in but you are banned from leaving the living room, you're stuck there."

"Alright, I have your house key by the way, your parents gave it to me don't fret"

"I was going to say.."

I head upstairs to get dressed, I put on a sage green jumper and black pants, I stare at my shoes trying to figure out what pair i should wear, converse or combat boots, i decide on my black converses they compliment my pants quite perfectly. Shoving my hair in a messy bun I start heading down the stairs, I hear a whistle from the base of the stairs.

"Damn Lucky, we are only going to dinner."

"Oh shut up, I've just been in a comatose-like state, I deserve the right to feel pretty."

"Well personally, I think you always look beautiful, no matter what, even if you have a fucking tube down your throat." A blush creeps across my face, praying he doesn't notice I close the front door behind me on our way out. The car ride was silent aside from the occasional directional hint.

Dinner was a blast, I had so much fun, I don't think I've even had that much fun with V and Ames. By the time we got home my parents still weren't there so we decided to watch a movie while waiting, apparently, the movie I chose was boring cause he ended up falling asleep with his head on my lap. I must've fallen asleep as I awoke in my bed, I sat up and spotted Archie on the couch in the corner of my room. He looks so adorable whilst sleeping, quietly getting out of bed I pad over and drape a blanket over his shoulder. I walk over to my bookshelf to pick up a book to read whilst waiting for him to wake up.