Chapter 3.

'I never wanted them to know how it feel to come from a broken home.
My fault guess I did it all wrong.

                          Kevin Perez

Kevin Perez

January 20th, 2024

Feeling my phone vibrate on my lap, I picked it up instantly smiling at Malaysia's name appearing across my screen.

As soon as the call connected her face appeared with a mug.

"¿Que hice ahora Malaysia?" (What did I do now Malaysia?).

She sat up a little and moved out the camera for a second before coming back into the frame fighting off a smile.

"Now why you in this interview telling these people I'm your girlfriend?" She questioned while tilting her head.

I flashed her a smile and fixed the hat sitting on my head while looking out the window before looking back down at her on my phone.

"Cause you is, what you mean ?" I smiled seeing her roll her eyes.

"No I'm not so stop lying it's a sin."

I smacked my teeth looking over at Arion who was in the passenger seat just listening to our conversation.

"You see what I mean ? Why she always faking on me?"

He shook his head continuing to roll up as her loud voice flowed through the speaker of my phone just as he was finishing his sentence which made him giggle.

"Man, she gotta stop doing that it's bad for business-"

"ANYWAYS I need you to pick Anova up from daycare today, I got a hair appointment and I'm going to get my nails done."

Feeling a smile form on my face I picked my phone up from my lap so she could get a better view of my face.

"How much you need?"