Chapter 1: Missing

January 5, 2014, 07:00, POV: Harry

I sigh as my alarm starts to ring, arousing me from my peaceful sleep. I snoozed the blaring alarm before turning on my side, hoping to get ten more minutes of sleep and cuddle with my boyfriends before I was forced to get up because of today's events.

I am soon disappointed, however, as I reach my arm out only to find an empty space. I sigh, realising that I'm not at home and instead am in a hotel, being separated from my boyfriends, doing five-hour rehearsals each day in preparation for the upcoming tour.

I wish we would be able to come out. Just before we signed that contract, we were told we would be able to have the freedom of our relationships, no matter the gender of our partner. Everything changed so soon after that, instead of the promised freedom, we were given public relationships with girls we had only met the day before. I wish we were able to express ourselves properly, I wish we didn't have to hide.

I stand from my bed, groaning at the small cracks my back makes as I stretch. I hear a murmur in the corridor, most likely Liam coming to wake me.

Expecting a soft knock on the door, I am surprised when a frantic thumping greets me instead. I briskly walk to the door, quickly unlocking it and opening the door to face a tear-stained Liam.

"What's going on?" I worriedly asked, pulling him into my arms in a failed attempt to comfort him.

I hear a muffled response, leaning my head down to hear him better while asking him to repeat.

"I can't find Louis," he sobbed, "He's not in his room and he's not answering his phone and the boys have no idea where he is and neither does Paul. I don't know what's going on! Why don't I know what's going on!"

I feel the dread rush through my veins as I start to overthink all the places Louis could be. Did someone do something? Is he hurt? Did he run away? Was he taken? Did I do something? Did we do something?

"Have you checked the gym?"

"There's no one there."

"The pool?"

"No one."

"Did you call his family? Do they know where he is?"

"They have no idea either, they said they're going to contact the police if we don't find him within the next few hours."

"Did you ask the reception desk if they saw him walk out?"

"They said they hadn't seen anyone except a group of men in black hooded clothes come in. It's only past seven in the morning, I doubt anyone will have come in or gone out." Liam informs me.

"Except Louis. Louis went out. He's gone. He's gone." The realisation starts to creep in that my beloved boyfriend is missing with no one knowing his location. He could be anywhere. What if the fans found him? What if they crowded him or attacked him or hurt him? What if he's lying in a ditch somewhere, wondering why no one is coming to help him?

"Harry!"

I snap my head to the right, for some reason expecting Louis to be standing above me, shaking me to wake me up from this horrible dream. Unfortunately, it was only Paul who called me.

"Mate, we've been trying to get your attention for a few minutes," he told me. Quickly realising that everything he was saying was going in one ear and out the other he turned to Liam, "We're going to the nearest police station, get Harry dressed and we'll meet you downstairs."

Liam nods, pulling me back into my room and dressing me, all while I'm stuck in a haze, trying to figure out all the possibilities of where Louis could be.

I don't realise when we leave my room but my eyes snap back into attention when I feel a stare burning into my back. I turn, seeing an all-black figure slide from the top of the stairs into the nearby corridor. I shrug off my unease and continue down the stairs to reach the ground floor.

When we reach the boys and Paul, I see all of their tear-stained faces, just like Liam's. I reach up to touch my face, realising that I've been silently crying since I zoned out just a few moments ago.

I still can't shake off the uneasiness I feel that there is someone following me, someone staring at me. I feel as though I am the prey and the stare is my hunter, waiting for the right moment to strike. Ignoring it once more, I follow the boys out the back door with Paul leading us, protectively looking around to find any possible threat.

I turn to face behind me once more, seeing the figure standing just a few metres away from me. I anxiously stare into the seemingly black eyes before the figure turns and runs out the door and into a black van that has been haphazardly parked on the size of the road, proceeding to speed off with those blazing black eyes having been burnt into my memory.