Chapter 3: The Meeting

January 5, 2024, 10:30, POV: Zayn

Today is finally the day. Today is our first meeting in regards to the One Direction reunion!

The fans have no idea what's coming, even though they always think there's going to be a reunion every year, but this year, it's finally coming true.

"Everyone excited?!" I ask as we pile into the car, Liam taking the driver's seat, Niall in the passenger seat (which is very annoying in my opinion, I called shotgun before we got to the car, that brat), and Harry and I sitting in the backseat.

"I can't wait!" Niall exclaims, bouncing around in his seat, only to be stopped by Liam putting a hand on his knee, "Don't you guys think it'll be a bit weird, you know, with our families in the meeting as well?"

I'll admit, it will be quite weird since our families have never sat in a meeting about the band with us. I think that was mainly because the management we had in the first years of the band was horrible, and we didn't want our families to see the reality we faced daily in person.

"Probably, since they've never done that before," Harry speaks my mind for me, "But we have to remember that it's a new management now, it'll be much better this time."

Harry managed to pull some strings with his record company, Erskine Records, and now the band is signed under them for the reunion! Harry also invited James Corden to be our manager since The Late Late Show with James Corden ended last year and James has been taking university classes for music management. So at least we can be sure that Simon Cowell won't be ruining our lives anymore.

I stare out the car window, reminiscing of the memories we've made over the past 8 years since the band broke up. We've become so much stronger, not only individually but with our relationship as well.

I can only imagine that we could be so much stronger if Louis was still in our relationship. My happy thoughts of our strength are flooded with the rainstorm that is Louis.

"It's been exactly 10 years guys," I break the comfortable silence.

No more explanation is needed, they all know I'm talking about Louis.

"Maybe someday he'll come back to us, I hope he's alive at least." Liam adds.

The conversation ends at that, as we pull into the car park near Erskine Records. We get out of the car and start the short walk to the building in central London.

"Morning, Natalie," Harry greets the receptionist, who smiles politely in return.

"Morning, boys. Mr. Corden is already upstairs, I believe your families are already here as well. Second floor, third door on the left." We thank her before heading to the elevator to the second floor.

Arriving in front of the room, I can hear small chatter from our families. I smile slightly, happy that they can share this experience with us. Liam knocks softly on the door, hearing a cheerful "Come in!" before entering.

Upon entering, I notice that not only our families are here, but Louis' family as well. Minus Phoebe, who I'm guessing is still at the hospital, having given birth to her beautiful daughter Olive just yesterday.

"Hey boys, have a seat so we can get started quickly!" James invites us.

I take a seat on the side of the table, near the front, by James. The rest of the boys follow me, taking a seat next to me, the rare sun shining through the windows onto our backs.

As I get settled, I take a glance in front of me, noticing another man sitting next to James, most likely a member of management, as there are important-looking papers sitting in front of him.

There's another person in the room, sitting directly across from me, wearing all black, the hood over their face, preventing me from seeing if they look like a male or female.

"Right everyone! Let's get started." James organises a few papers in front of him before looking around. "It's great to see everyone back together again, there's just a few announcements I'd like to make before we go into details about the reunion."

He pauses for a moment, I think maybe he was expecting a response, but he's greeted with silence, with curious but excited faces looking at him.

"I just wanted to say that I feel absolutely horrible for how you guys were treated by your old management in the band. I promise you that I will be nothing like that and I will always hear all of your opinions on everything. Even if I don't think they'd be the best idea, I will definitely take them into consideration."

That brings a smile out of me, and I can see from the corner of my eyes that the boys are wearing the same expression. Harry responds for all of us.

"Thank you James, we really appreciate that."

"Of course, of course." He responds, "Now, for the fun part! For the reunion, we're looking at 5 or 6 months of touring, with long breaks in between regions. I was thinking that you could start with a tour and then you would release an album after the tour finishes, and if you'd be interested maybe doing another tour for that album after taking reasonable time off, of course."

The boys and I nod our heads in agreement.

"Yeah that sounds good, I like the idea of doing a reunion tour, then going back into the actual band work with a new album and touring that album." I pitch in.

James looks satisfied with our responses and turns to look at the hooded figure sitting across from me. The figure nods once, with their face looking at their lap.

"Actually wait, I have a question." I interrupt James before he can continue.

"Go ahead, Zayn." James instructs politely.

"Respectfully, who is that?" I ask, pointing to the hooded figure.

"Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you," James realises, making me tilt my head in confusion, "This is the fifth member of the band, she will be joining you for the reunion as well as the new album and second tour."