𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇𝒇

I tapped my foot on the creaking wood

I tapped my foot on the creaking wood. What would father think? My older brother was amazing pianist he was 28 and had kids..a stunning wife, and here i sat nervously. No real relationship and, no real interest in having kids. I haven't become successful. I was supposed to be the successor of the l/n family...i feel like a failure compared to Felix..my older brother is more then amazing compared to me, a mess of bad ideas and wanting to feel like i belonged. These thoughts continued to clutter my mind before i saw my nephew. He stared at the old family paintings. The kid was bound to have a good future, checking my watch I realize that its time for the feast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ate quietly as i watched father talk to Felix..lucky was my brother compared to me happy and pure not witnessing the things i had witnessed in the past that had kept me up "y/n..?" I looked up to face him..."yes Father?" I responded. "Have you found someone to Marry yet..?" I can see the quiet tensions in the air. As if it was some sort of fly "um..no father.." I respond quietly. My heart thumping in my chest. Father goes quiet..

——-(after dinner)

I pull out my phone texting my roommate Marco, my hands fumbling to grab the flip phone out my pocket. I clicked on his contact name as I texted him.

—text!!—

You: marco can u pick me up?

Marco: yea where u @?

—-

I sent my location to Marco as I rocked  back and fourth on the heel of my shoes. then see something shining in the moonlight. I turn around to see a...arrow..? I hesitated picking up before slowly grabbing it. I pricked my finger and quickly threw it as i hissed in pain. When I looked back there was no arrow and I heard Marcos car coming.

///author notes and stuff!!!///
Hey!! This took a rlly long time to finish for chapter one so I actually hope people read! Also the cover was not made by me. When I remember the artist I'll put their acc in the next chapter! Goodbye for now :3