Chapter Six

Olivia didn't know why she let her sister talk her into trudging through the buoy. It wasn't really as swampy as Olivia had initially assumed. It was mostly trees, small houses, and a river that traveled through the whole place. "What exactly are we looking for again?" Olivia asked.

"Any sign of life." Hayley responded. Olivia knew what she meant by that but it didn't stop her from tilting in that way that resembled that of a puppy. "And what exactly does that mean?" Olivia asked. "Shush you'll scare them away." Hayley responded but Olivia could tell their was a smile on the girl's lips when she said that.

Olivia rolled her eyes at her annoying sister but she did stop talking. She was listening hard but she still couldn't hear anything except the crunch of her and Hayley's feet on the twigs and leaves. It was autumn and the weather was nice to say the least. It was a beautiful day the sky a cloudless blue.

Olivia loved this time of the year when the weather was perfect. When it felt like summer and winter had a child named autumn. Olivia was so focused on the feel of the weather around her that she didn't notice she was being followed. That is until she turned in such a way that she saw a brown and grey wolf.

The wolf looked at her in such a way she'd never been looked at before. The wolf focused his eyes on the figure behind her before looking back at Olivia and then the wolf was gone. Like it'd never really been there in the first place.

Olivia looked around searching for the same wolf. She didn't see the wolf anywhere near by but she could still feel it's presence. "Did you see that?" Olivia asked her sister who seemed completely oblivious. "See what?" She asked.

Olivia looked at her sister questioningly wondering if she really didn't see the wolf. "Never mind." Olivia said after a moment. Hayley shrugged and continued on through the trees. Olivia didn't see the wolf again through the rest of their search.

Hayley gave up after a few more treks through the woods. They found their car which actually belonged to Elijah before it got to dark. It was going to be a full moon tonight and Hayley would need to be locked up to make sure she didn't hurt anyone.

Hayley drove while Olivia tried to get some sleep in the passenger seat. But she couldn't sleep without knowing that her sister was out of harms way. She self consciously touched her abdomen remembering the night her sister first turned and attacked her.

She still had the three claw like marks along her stomach. They were long healed by now but they were still puffy and red. Olivia for the most part hated her scars and not just because she felt ugly but also because she hated being reminded of that night.

They arrived at the mansion pretty quickly. Olivia realized Hayley must've been in a hurry to get Olivia safe or at least she hoped that was the case. Hayley hoped out of the car before Elijah and Klaus came outside.

"Go put her in the cellar." Klaus said to Elijah returning his attention to Olivia. Elijah did as he was asked taking Hayley by the hand and guiding her to the back of the mansion where a secret tunnel was.

Olivia was about to follow her sister to make sure she was okay before Klaus gently caught her by the arm. "What are you doing?" Olivia asked trying to pry his hand off her arm but it wasn't budging.

"Hayley asked me to keep you safe and away from her tonight." Klaus said glancing down at Olivia's stomach and that's when Olivia realized that he knew.

"She told you." She said. It came out as a question but she had a sinking suspicion that she already knew the answer even before Klaus confirmed it. "Yes." He said looking away from her in shame.

He felt bad for knowing and Olivia could tell he did but all she could think was that he knew. He knew something so personal that she never told anyone. She pushed him off her with tears in her eyes.

He let her go knowing it was best and she left returning to Hayley's room because she didn't want to be in Klaus's. She was so mad that Hayley would do something like this. Tell her secret to a complete stranger. She couldn't believe Hayley would do that.

But Hayley did do that and now Olivia was crying like she did that night. Large hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she was hit with fresh memories of that night.

'Olivia knew Hayley didn't mean to hurt her but she couldn't help but be afraid of the wolf that clawed her stomach. The wolf that was now snarling at her. Olivia's farther came in with a shot gun aimed at the wolf that used to be her sister. Olivia lunged for her farther begging him not to hurt her but she was pulled back by her mother who contained her the best she could. Desperate pleas and cry's escaped Olivia's mouth before her mom could stop them. But her dad wasn't listening he was busy shooting the wolf in the side and kicking it out the door.'

Olivia closed her eyes trying to ground herself and escape the memories. She could feel the beginning of a panic attack even before her chest tightened. She felt like she couldn't breath and she fell on her beard with tears in her eyes.

She tried to breath but she couldn't. She couldn't breath. She panicked and curled into a ball trying to breath. She was going to pass out if she couldn't get a hold of herself.

She heard footsteps before she saw his face. "Klaus?" She tried to say but it came out more as an incoherent whimper. He wrapped her in his arms and began to soothe her.

"It's okay. You're safe. Listen to my heartbeat and breathe with me." He said breathing deeply holding Olivia close. He picked her up and sat her on the bed wrapping her into him.

"You can do it." He said breathing more. He kept doing this, telling her encouragements and counting for her. He did this until eventually Olivia was calm so calm that she was asleep.

He didn't want to leave her and even when he tried she gripped him more tightly. So he stayed for as long as he could. He stayed so long that he ended up falling asleep too.

I know it took me a while to get this chapter done. I've just been busy with college lately but I will definitely be working more on my stories and hopefully you enjoy reading these as much as I enjoy writing them.

Also comment what you think the saint Patrick's day chapter will look like.

Thank you so much for reading and as always comment, vote, and follow me but only if you want to.

peace ✌🏻