Chapter Four: "Miss you"

The roller blade training ground simmered with the heat of determination. Caspian’s blades sliced the air, leaving trails of sweat and ambition. His trainer, Coach Ramirez, barked instructions, pushing Caspian to the edge of his limits. But Caspian was used to the grind—the relentless pursuit of perfection.

And there, waiting at the edge of the rink, was Caelum Nocturne. His sun-kissed hair glinted in the afternoon light, and his eyes followed Caspian’s every move. Caelum had no business being here—no blades on his feet, just curiosity in his gaze. He admired Caspian’s precision, the way he defied gravity, but it was more than that. Caelum saw the fire—the hidden warmth—beneath Caspian’s icy exterior.

As Caspian skated backward, a sudden realization hit him—the proximity, the vulnerability. He glanced over his shoulder and saw it—a sleek black car parked behind Caelum. Why was it there? Who was watching?

Without hesitation, Caspian abandoned the rink, his blades scraping against the pavement. He reached the car, yanked open the door, and slid inside. The leather seats were cool against his skin, and the engine purred to life. Caspian’s heart raced. What was he doing?

Through the tinted windows, he watched Caelum. The sunbeam stood frozen, surprise etching his features. Caspian’s pulse thundered in his ears. He had to leave, had to distance himself. But why? What danger lurked behind Caelum?

The next day, Caspian didn’t show up at school. Caelum asked Lena—the girl who’d given him water yesterday. Lena’s eyes widened. “Caspian? Oh, he has permission every Friday and Saturday. He practices at the city.”

Caelum’s heart sank. He searched for Caspian’s Instagram, desperate for a connection. Two days passed, and still no sign of Caspian. Caelum’s fingers hovered over the keyboard, and he typed a direct message.

Caelum: Hey, where are you? School feels empty without you.

Caspian’s reply was short, but it came swiftly.

Caspian: Busy. What do you want?

Caelum’s heart skipped a beat. Busy? Doing what? But he couldn’t let Caspian slip away. Not again.

Caelum: Just wanted to say hi. Missed you at school.

Caspian’s response was almost immediate.

Caspian: Fine. Hi.

And so, through Instagram DMs, beneath the glow of digital screens, Caspian Tidecaller and Caelum Nocturne danced—a hesitant waltz of words and longing.

To be continued…

[Note: sorry for bad grammar, its just for fun]