-3-

Noah

Mr. Anderson split me and Courtney up so we could begin training.

I was led into a room with two girls talking to each other.

One girl had fiery red hair and was messing around with something that looked like a bomb.

The other girl was in a navy blue workout suit and was lifting weights.

"Izzy, Eva, can I have your attention for a minute?" Mr. Anderson asked the two.

"Sure! What's up, sir? Who's he?" The redhead asked energetically looking at me.

"This is Noah. He's our newest employee. Can you two train him? You two are some of our best killers," Mr. Anderson told them.

"Of course! Nice to meet you, Noah! I'm Izzy, but you can call me E-scope, and that's Eva! She's kinda scary but once you get to know her she's cool! C'mon!" Izzy said energetically dragging me to Eva.

Mr. Anderson nodded and walked out of the room.

"So, let's start with the easy stuff first. Do you wanna try knife throwing or shooting practice?" Izzy asked.

"Um, we could do knife throwing, I guess," I answered hesitantly

"Kinda boring, but whatevs," Izzy complained as she dragged me into a room with a dart board.

"Alright, so here's how it's gonna go. All you gotta do is hit the center of the target using these knives," Eva instructed as she gave me a pair of headphones.

"Seems easy enough," I shrugged.

Izzy and Eva walked into a little booth and started pressing a bunch of buttons.

The room went dark for a few seconds and then a dim light illuminated the room.

Standing in front of me was Cody with that horrible smirk on his face.

"WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?" I shouted.

"The target is supposed to be the thing and or person that you hate the most. May I ask why you hate Mr. Anderson's son so much?" Izzy responded.

"BECAUSE HE BROKE MY PARENTS WATCH! THE LAST THING I HAD OF THEM, HE DESTROYED!" I screamed throwing the knives at Cody's chest.

"Oh. That makes sense. Anyways, stop throwing the knives, you passed. Time for the second part. Now you just gotta hit the target while it's moving," Izzy told me.

"Alright," I responded monotonously.

The lights went off and on again and revealed a perfectly healed Cody where the battered one stood before.

"So tell me about your parents, were they nice?" Izzy asked as I started chucking the knives at the stuffed dummy of Cody.

"They were amazing. I was an only child so all of their attention was on me. No matter what I did, they were always proud of me. And they were so supportive of me when I came out. Then, for my tenth birthday, they gave me a little pocket watch. I always had it with me.