Chapter 18

The weekend flew by, Harry left late afternoon Sunday keeping his promise to Niall that he would be home, leaving Cassie and Louis to complete their usual Sunday routines to prep for the the rest of the week.

Louis stumbled through Monday and Tuesday, nerves starting to get to him as Wednesday approached. Harry had texted him later Sunday evening to let him know that dinner with his mum and sister was set for Wednesday evening. He was grateful that today he had Cassie's scheduled yearly check ups.

He likes to schedule all of her appointments, like dental, medical and optical in one day. They are all located with in a few blocks from each other and they make a whole day of it, stopping for a daddy daughter lunch.

They had stopped that morning at the bakery as they always do, Harry joined them for a few moments while it was quiet. It wasn't often that he was able to sit with them when they came so when he does it's always a welcome treat. He promised to come stop by the house and go with Louis to drop Cassie off at Zayn's for the evening so she could see him. She wasn't happy that they were going out this evening with out her. Louis was really hoping that by the time the evening rolled around and having spent all day with her she would  be more open to allowing them to go.

~

Louis was definitely wrong on that one. They were currently at Zayn's house dropping Cassie off. The three year old was in tears grabbing onto Louis shirt. "Dadee me wanna go wif you and 'Arreh. Pweaaase no leabe me." She sobs. God it breaks Louis heart to watch her be so upset.

"I am sorry baby girl, I promise Daddy will come pick you up tonight. You can even cuddle with me tonight okay?" Louis offers in reassurance. This is all new for her, Louis going out with someone and leaving her with a babysitter. He didn't really date after she was born, so he didn't usually go out without her. He and Harry haven't had too many alone nights themselves the past couple months, the only times they go out is when Jay is in town and offers to babysit. Other than that its usually just the three of them or date nights after she has gone to bed, cuddled up in the living room.

" 'Azzie too?" She sniffles gripping onto Louis collar, her head resting against his shoulder. Louis looks over to Harry to see him giving a questioning look his way. It's not a new concept Harry staying over, honestly he just assumed Harry was going to come back with him to his tonight. Louis just shrugs as if to say its up to you. Harry smiles at the pair and steps in closer. "Yeah baby girl I'll cuddle with you and your Daddy tonight." He brushes a stray hair from Cassie's face.

"Otay 'Azzie" She sniffles.

"Don't be sad String Cheese, you and I will have a good night until your Daddy and Harry come back to get you okay?" Zayn says in hopes to help ease the transition. Louis is and always will be forever grateful for Zayn.

"Otay Uncey Zaynie. Bye Bye Dadee, Bye Bye 'Arreh lobe you bof" Cassie nods, sadness seemly gone from her face.

Louis squeezes his daughter into a tight hug before kissing her on the cheek. "Bye baby girl. You have a good night with Zayn and we will see you real soon. Love you." Louis passes Cassie to Harry for her to say his goodbyes.

He turns to talk to Zayn, "Thanks again for watching her Z." Louis says, throwing his arm over Zayn's shoulder. "Anytime Tommo, you know I would do anything for her and you mate." Zayn says clapping Louis on the back.

"I know mate. It's just this is a big night so I just I am so grateful that you've got her, just one less thing to stress about." Louis explains. "I know Lou, she's in safe hands." Zayn says.

"Hey baby, we better get going if we wanna be at my mum's on time." Harry says walking up the two. Cassie in his arms. "Yeah okay let's go." Louis smiles.