Chapter 3

Srishti's POV :-

At that very moment, i heard the gunshot echoing through the whole building...........

My breath hitched, and everything went blank.........

For a moment, i thought my life had ended...........

I had closed my eyes tightly because of fear,

After some second, i opened my eyes as i didn't feel any pain or hurt.

Then i looked beside me and saw the same man who was holding the gun before....was now groaning in pain on the ground. He got shot on his right leg.
I immediately turned to my front, only to see my Lokesh uncle still holding the gun in the fucker's direction breathing heavily and sweating badly............ the remaining bodyguards were fighting with the remaining fuckers.

I knew it !!..... i knew it !!.... i knew that my father and my uncle can never let anyone harm me.

His face was screaming that he was hell worried for me. But, his eyes screamed that he was hell scared for me. I can see it. And a relief washed over him, knowing that i was safe.

I also heaved a relieved breath,  knowing that now no one can harm me. He came to me, and he immediately freed my legs as well as my hands from the rope. And i threw the handkerchief, which was tied to my mouth. He helped me to stand up, but my legs and hands were hurting like a bitch because of continuous sitting with tied legs and hands. Tears welled up in my eyes because of the pain i was feeling.

I wanted to cry badly. I wanted to scream loudly, and i wanted to yell at them, but my throat was too dry that i couldn't even swallow my own saliva.

Seeing my struggle, Uncle understood that im having difficulty while standing... so he just wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him, and i just buried my face in his chest, feeling safe. But what he did next was unexpected. Uncle literally shot the fucker again and again, anger was evident in his actions. I was feeling really scared so i hugged him really tight.
I think the fucker is dead..........

Uncle had promised me that he would never let anyone hurt me, but if someone still tried to hurt me, he would not let them live on this earth.

And he kept his promise. Then i heard my name being called, so i looked up at Uncle, but he was looking at his left side, so i too looked in that direction, and there i found my father Niranjan with some police officers.

I wanted to run and hug my father tightly. But as my legs are numb, i can't do that. So i just stared at my father with teary eyes.
I hate this... i fucking hate how vulnerable iam right now.

Guilt was evident in my father's eyes. The fear of losing me is still clear on his face. He is sweating so much as he walks towards me. I got a clear view of how his hands were shaking, legs were trembling.

As he came towards me, immediately he engulfed me in a tight hug, which expressed his worries, fears, vulnerability, guiltiness, relief, protectiveness, love, and care. Everything was clear in this hug.
I felt warmth, relief, peace, and safe in his embrace.

We broke the hug, and my father looked for any scratches or any injuries, but nothing was there, so he was relieved.  As i was not able to stand properly, i just stood their hugging my father for support. Then he asked me if i was okay or not, i just nodded my head in a no because, i was not at all okay. I signaled him through my hands that i needed water. Uncle immediately gave the water bottle to me, and i signaled him to open it, so he opened it and gave it to me.

I drank water like a thirsty animal. I drank it in one go. I was breathing heavily, and my father was rubbing my back softly. After some time, my breathing became normal. Uncle stood beside and asked me if i wanted something, but i just nodded my head in no. My father again asked me if I was okay ? But i repeated the same thing once again. Because i badly wanted to go home, and i badly want to see my mother, Anika, and my sister Drishti. I wanted to hug them tightly. I just wanted to cry my heart out in my mothers embrace.