¹ court hearing

"Faith, it'll be fine," my dad told my mum as we walked up the steep steps towards the court house. "If anyone should be worried it's y/n." he laughed. "It is her court hearing, after all."

 "Sweetie," he said "You know you don't have to do this, right? Just say the word and we can fix this." He was right, obviously, I didn't have to do this, but it was the right thing to do.

 "I know, but I want to help. I can't just let him ruin his life." We finally got inside out of the blistering heat into the cool, air-conditioned building and sat on black, leather seats until my name was called. "Miss Jacobbs? We're ready for you." I stood, smoothed my dress with my sweaty hands and entered the courtroom, my legs shaking. 

"Miss Jacobbs. Please stand," the judge called looking at me. "Unfortunately, all of the nearest girls correctional facilities are full," he glanced down at his papers.

 "A nearby boys camp, 'Camp Green Lake', is begining to let girls attend their camp. They help 'troubled youth build character'. Unless you would rather two years in a prison, you will be charged with 20 months there, on account of theft and assault. You will leave tomorrow at 8 am, sharp. A bus will arrive to pick you up. Case dismissed." 

Great, a boys camp. I sighed and walked over to my parents. My mum was sobbing. "Oh, y/n. I'm so sorry, we should've tried harder to get you less time there." 

I hugged her. "It's okay, please, don't worry. I'll be fine and it was kind of my choice to do this anyway. I'll write to you as often as I can." She let go of me and I was pulled into another embrace from my dad. "I'm gonna miss you kiddo." he sighed.