Chapter 1-

The beginning— 2012

The news is out- the new furby is out with digital eyes. Staring at the ad on TV, the furby talking to each other, with different personalities and voices. Grabbing your keys and drive to your local store, finding the unique furby box. You quickly grabbed it and went to the cashier to pay for it.
As she ran you up, she looks at the furby box and back at you. "They made a come back?"
You nodded. "I am surprised too."
She places the furby in the bag and pulls the bag from the bagging area to you.
"I remember when I owned a furby it would turn on in the middle of the night making weird noises. Saying it's hungry or something."
As you paid, you let out a little laugh. "These guys were certainly unique. I heard stories of them walking on their own."
"I know mine somehow teleported." The cashier puts the receipt in the bag and winked. "Good luck."

Walking out of the store, with a furby in your hand. Drove home and opened the box. You noticed the furby has no eyes. The soulless look, seeing your own reflection on its eyes as you pulled it out of its box.
"They really don't want you running away, huh?" You giggled as you unscrew the screws on the bottom of the furby. The compartment lid opens revealing four slots that the batteries need to be. So you quickly installed them and screw the screws back on the furby.
It looked around before it moved. It sounded like a normal furby. It stared straight into your soul.
"Dah ay-loh  oo -tye."  As the lights turned on the Furby.
You stared at it for a bit, and jammed some music to let it dance. You thinking "it's a normal Furby. I don't get what's different about it?"

The eyes begin to flash. Painfully screaming as it changes its personally to some diva. It continues to dance and sing, of course, it would stare.

Never thinking of it, just let the furby dance as you did little things here and there. You did the dishes and you look back and see the furby staring at you.
"I could've sworn— eh.. never mind." You shook your head and continued to do dishes. The feeling tingled in the back of your head. You look back and it's still staring. "Furby?"
The furby stopped and yelled "uh-uh!"
You backed up and quickly took the furby to the closet, and put it on the shelf. Quickly closing the door and walking away. "Maybe it's meant to respond that way... but it's way too coincidental... it cannot be."

Night, struck. You get ready for bed, sat down with your phone scrolling through social media, looking at all the other people with their furby. You zoom in and see every furby with the stare. "This is odd."
Your phone falls on your face and shook it off. "It's my time for bed." Putting your phone on the nightstand and staring at the ceiling before closing your eyes.