•Chapter~24°

He was different and she knew it by the way he would make her feel in his presence as she felt warm as well as drunk.

Aadrika's POV

I was trying to walk away not from his presence or from his dark alluring eyes that are full of unspoken secrets and were like a beautiful storm that you never wanted to look away.

I ain't getting succeed in figuring out that feeling which I don't even know what the fuck I was feeling at that moment when he took a quick look of mine and addressed me as Mrs Singhania in his authoritarian voice which is a drug in itself.

Perhaps my brain had been short circuited by that simple act of making eye contact. Right now, I'm stuck somewhere between what if, what might, what never will or will and all I want to know is what actually is.

The silence that always falls between us, which conceals the loudest of words from our hearts, is now becoming intolerable as the storm in my head is ruining the peace that my soul contains.

The wind coming in through the window sighed along with me in uneasiness but I let a small smile braced my lips as I sauntered towards the direction of my Children's gigglings.

They raced to me as I affectionately engulfed them in a warm hug and carried them towards the bed as the bright silvery light of moon invading through the balcony notifying me that it's time to hit the sack.

"What took you so long maa, I was about to come and check on you" Aayan inquired in a voice which was as pure as the driven snow.

I tenderly pinched his cheek and flashed a huge beam. He smiled at me cheekily and pull up my saree's pallu in front of his face, hiding behind it and then peek cutely from its thin fabric making me laughed out loud.

I was in awe after witnessing his adorable antics and every cells in my body is telling me that they're my happily ever after and the miracles, I prayed for.

"Maa, please narrate a story" Advait requested and his eyes shone with desire with an expectation of fulfillment and naively fluttered his lashes at me in a hopeful manner.

I didn't have the heart to say no and nodded my head in agreement and a trace of a smile played accross their lips while a grin itself flickered accross my face.

.

.

.

.

.

"And here the story ends". I read the last line of the story to my kids, who had fallen asleep as Sleeping Beauty had soothed them.

Advait slept while burying his tiny face in the crook of my neck and Aayan keep rested his head on my bosom while clasping my waist by his tiny hands.

I tenderly caressed their heads and pondered how life is like a book with happy, sad, and exciting chapters interspersed with fearsome ones.

"Aage kya hoga?"

(What'll happen next?)

Oftentimes stops us to turn the next page and bring a stop to embrace the moments that our life holds. But if we never turn the page, we'll never know what the next chapter has in store for us and the same lesson will appear in different forms until we learn to respond differently.

Yeah, sometimes it's become so fucked up and hard to even survive for a single second as Nobody does a virgin, life fucks us all.

But sometimes things have to go very wrong before they can be right as: