Chapter 1: The Spirit Of Shadow

Tengu city. A bustling and beautiful city that was reduced to nothing but rubble upon the arrival of a spacequake.

Spacequakes, a rupture which splits the very fabric of space, creating a black hole of sorts which destroy everything it touches. But within those mass balls of destruction, were beings of another world. With enough power to destroy the world should they become evil.

In the middle of the spacequake was a being similar, yet oh so different from the entities aforementioned above. It was none other than Cid Kagenou, donning on the persona of "Shadow" and entered an alternate earth.

Clad in black, Cid Kagenou looked around, seeing nothing but destruction.

'What happened here?'

He was familiar with the destroyed buildings as those resemble that of the buildings in his world before he became Cid Kagenou. He was back in Japan, yet everything was rubble and destroyed.

"Hmm?"

He then turned around, materializing his slime sword as his sword clashed with a blade wielded by a white haired kuudere.

Though she held no emotion, her eyes were sparking an unbridled hate towards Shadow. Though he himself didn't know why, he figured that it's usually the face of an avenger. He didn't know the backstory of the girl, but he's an eminence in shadow. He'll find out eventually.

"Hoh? Your swordsmanship is commendable, yet it is still far more inferior than mine."

He commented, angering the kuudere who had a slight but noticeable frown on her face.

She then slashed upwards, deflecting Shadow's sword as she went for the kill. Aiming for the heart, excitement and joy soon filled her heart as she would see the bleeding form of the spirit infront of her.

But her delusion ends there as she felt the air in her lungs get pushed out, coughing a mouthful of saliva as she flew far from Shadow.

*Boom!

Shadow stood there, his arm outstretched as the sword was dropped to the ground.

"Is that all?"

He taunted, looking at the staggering girl who held her stomach while gasping for air.

'He's strong.....one punch and I'm already at this state.....even that snake Tohka wouldn't be able to do this.'

She thought, observing the spirit before her.

The spirit was clad in a black cloak with an open collar and a hood which concealed their identity, under that was dark purple armour with a purple gem just sitting on their chest.

He was just standing there, menacingly, staring at her with an expressionless look that sent shivers down her spine.

She then glanced below Shadow, where her mana imbued sword lay motionless.

Gritting her teeth, she darted forward using her thrusters, reeling her fist back to punch the spirit straight through the face. Shadow, seeing this, only sighed before shifting his body to the left and completely dodging her attack and kneeing her straight to her stomach, causing her to cough out saliva with a mixture of blood.

*Thud!

"Gahk-!"

The girl coughed out, momentarily blanking out as the image of the spirit beating her in two moves was ingrained into her mind.

She then pulled herself up, staggering to get up and kneeling to support her weight.

Never, has she encountered a spirit like this. So powerful. So domineering. It was like a whole new being was infront of her, having a presence so powerful that she feels insignificant infront of it.