✰ march madness ✰

The day the world went to shit and limited our chances of survival.

March 13, 2020.

Yes. That day.

Who could ever forget?

I remember being in English class when I got sent home with the flu. Whoo! And boy, was my temperature high. We were going over Romeo and Juliet. I had asked my sister if I could borrow her book the night before. A friend of our family had picked me up.

I had gotten so many messages from you guys asking me where I'd gone.

I had no idea how long school would be out. That afternoon, my mom told me it'd be for over a week, I want to say.

Did I mention that the whole thing sucked?

We had to rely on our group chat. It wasn't the same. But hey, unfortunately, this is our life now.

I was on the phone with each of you, day and night. Me and you would frequently keep in touch, not as much like we used to, because of our home lives.

It was tough. I had no one. I was confined. I needed to hear your voice. I needed to feel you.

I needed my best friend, dude.

Covid was definitely not easy for anyone. It had just been broadcasted that it was a new and dangerous virus, and millions were already dying. It was a scary time.

It still is.

It was spreading fast. It was killing the world off, one by one, like the bubonic plague.

When I had came back to school, I was scared. It didn't feel right to be there. Like I could die any second if I even looked at something, let alone used the public bathroom, you know?

Everything was different. Teachers had placed stickers on everything, so that we'd each be six feet apart. Other than that, classes were still the same.

I missed hanging out with our friends. So when I finally reunited with y'all, to say that I was ecstatic, would be an understatement.

Your dad was trying to be active in your and your siblings lives.

I may not have been on board, but I kept all of my snide comments about him to myself, and supported you. I didn't, nor have I ever, had anything nice to say about your dad.

He's simply a piece of shit. Yes, he still is to this day. And a fucking creep.

It was hard to believe you came from his nutsack. You out of all people know what I mean by that. You were too good of a human being to be related to someone as deceitful and a coward.

I can say with a big ass smile that you were nothing like him.

You were something else entirely.

It's like you were a red sock that accidentally got thrown in with white laundry and came out of the dryer pink. Never mix your colors with your whites, because then certain clothes will stand out.

And that's exactly what you did.

You stood out.

You were way too pure for this fucked up, inhumane, barbaric world.