𝟬𝟬𝟭 | 𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗶'𝘀 𝗣𝘂𝗿𝘀𝘂𝗲𝗿𝘀 ; 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘄 𝗛𝗮𝘁𝘀

EAST BLUE SAGA  

 ☀  EAST BLUE SAGA  ☀

CHAPTER 1

I sighed, stretching my limbs out on the mattress of my old home. The one our mother tried her best to keep intact for us years ago.

"The nostalgia is immense, isn't it?" Nojiko, my older sister walked over and crouched down next to the mattress I was on. "I miss her, too. We all do."

"Yeah?" I hummed, glancing up to the cracked ceiling above. "I know that... I don't know why I keep coming back here if it only brings me bad memories."

"Because you're attached to this place," Nojiko would place a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I don't blame you — our stubborn sister does the same."

"Nami..." My lips curved downwards into a frown. "I wonder how she's doing. Is she okay?"

"C'mon," Nojiko chuckled, sitting down next to me on the bed. "It may not seem like it at times, but she's pretty good at taking care of herself."

"I hope so..." I huffed, basically asking to get hit on the head by Nojiko. "Hey!"

"What? Nami wouldn't want her little sister to be worried either!" Nojiko raised her hands up innocently. "Wanna go out to town?"

My tense muscles seemed to allow themselves to relax after hearing that, my frown turning into a grin. "Mhm!"

----------

The town Nojiko and I visited was destroyed. It seems that Arlong ruined yet another relaxing area my sister and I normally went to just for hanging out.

I could feel my fists clench up at the sight, the urge to confront Arlong being incredibly high. Nojiko had to remind me that if I interfered with Nami's business because of my own temper, there would be major consequences.

"He did it again..." My voice trembled with despite, even though Nojiko was trying her best to comfort me. "What did the people of these towns ever do to him and his crew?"

"Arlong is a greedy man, [Name]." My sister sighed, also upset with him. "He'll stay that way, no matter what we do."

"As if a fishman can possibly catch me on dry land!" A strange, masculine yet high-pitched voice screamed from the center of the town. "I'm used to this! Just try and catch up to me!"

Nojiko and I peeked around a corner, seeing a man with a long-nose run straight ahead. A familiar little boy that was a resident of the town decided to go ahead and trip him, causing him to fall and face-plant on the ground.

"I found you, fishman!" The little boy raised up an actual sword, about to chop the stranger's head off. "You killed my daddy, and I'm gonna kill you!"

"Hey, hey!" I ran forward and held the boy back, forcefully taking the sword from him. "What do you think you're doing?"