The Not So Perfect Meeting

I know there are people out there who wish they were born into a royal family. I on the other hand wish I wasn't born into this family. The first thing they teach you is to not trust anyone. If you're a girl you get taught all the same things as the male heirs, but you're just expected to give birth to more heirs and never actually rule.

I'm only 18 years old and never even got a say in what to wear or eat or even my romantic partner. My parents have to choose everything for me due to the fact that they think I'm unfit to do so. I have a royal advising but instead of advising me what to do they just do it in my honor.

I'm supposed to be getting ready to eat with my "Future Husband" but I'm just going to sneak off. My parents have been trying to sell me off for a while now. I'm the eldest and by law I would be the next queen since I am the first heir. My brother, Miles is the second heir to the throne. My parents don't want a female ruling this kingdom. They always tell me that it's a man's job to rule and the women's job to follow.

Never in my life had I ever heard something so stupid. My mom, Queen Rose, has always listened to my father, King Thorn. On the other hand, Princess Tamara would never listen to him even if it means my own execution. The Queen is the puppet of the king. He always tells her what to do and I guess since I came from someone so obedient he thinks I am as well. To the naked eye I am but there is so much that the public just doesn't know.

Like did the public know that at one point my father had hit me and left bruises. No they didn't because we had to cover it up to save my dads "image". Did they know that to stop me from losing my "perfect figure" I would have to go on an all water diet and not be able to eat solid food? No they didn't so what you see on that tv screen is nothing like what happened.

As I'm getting ready to sneak off I hear a knock on the door. I don't even have to ask to know who it is. My father has a guard assigned to me for my safety, but to also make sure that I show up to all my events. For the most part I do, but I have been known not to show up.

I open the door to find Henry. "What is taking you so long? We have to be there on time,"he tells me with anger in his voice. "I know, but I'm not going," I say it so matter of fact that all he does is look at me for a minute. "What do you mean you're not going? Last time I checked this is for you to meet your potential husband," he says this all while looking at me with anger in his eyes and rubbing his temples.

"Like I said before I'm not going. My father can suck it."

"You will go. So go get dressed now or I will personally get your father down here to make you get ready."

"Fine, but I'm only going to make sure this is the worst time that prince has ever had."

I walk into my closet and pick out just any dress and shoes. I picked a navy blue strapless dress with black flats. I walked out and we started walking to the dining room. When we got there I saw the Prince of Darkstone. This is how I know my parents hate me.

The Prince of Darkstone has been known for being rude. He also has a history of not being the most friendliest prince. I bow to the King and Queen of Darkstone and sit across the table from him.

"Hello I'm Princess Tamara," I say as I sit.

"Welcome it is amazing to meet you Princess Tamara,"the queen says while looking happy to see me. I guess she's desperate for her son to marry. She then looks at her son expecting him to introduce himself, but all he does is stare at me. "I'm sorry for his rudeness, this is Prince Dryden."

"Hi it's nice to meet you,"I try to sound excited but it is written all over my face that I don't want to be here. He is still staring at me.

The food comes out. The chef made chicken and rice with a side of salad with Italian dressing. I drink water while the Kings and Queens drink some kind of wine. The prince is still staring at me, not batting an eye. We start helping ourselves to the food. They kings and queens are talking about our future while I sit there stuffing my face with food. Not very lady-like I know but I don't even know this person and he just keeps staring at me.

After the meal they had decided they wanted to take a stroll in the garden. Although our garden is quite known for having the best flower arrangement, nothing comes close to Kingdoms of Foes garden. They keep talking about our engagement that might not even happen.

"Sooo, how are you doing,"I say, trying to get him to talk?

"I'm good."Wow how generous of you two words.

"That's good."

I honestly don't know what to say anymore. I don't know how long I can stand this. Why didn't I sneak off when I had the chance?

All of a sudden they stop walking and look at us. "How are you kids getting along," Queen Honey said with so much eagerness as before, it made me scared. I looked at him trying to see if he would talk but he didn't. "Umm, we are doing good," I said with hesitation.