The Note

We ended up walking our separate ways. They needed to get some rest since they had only arrived a couple hours ago and still haven't gotten used to warmer climates.

Kingdom of the sun is known for being way too hot during the summer and warm during the winter. I understand why it would be hard to get used to such warm weather, especially since the Kingdom of Darkstone is so cold.

I do hear that it is quite beautiful during the summer and even more beautiful during the winter, but I would rather be anywhere but there. Dryden was so odd. He is by far one of the better looking princes that I have encountered. He has dark hair with his cold blue eyes. He doesn't necessarily have a very defined face but you would still have to take a double look when you first see him. He is well built and looks like he goes to the gym every now and then. I of course don't want to marry him, but he would be the best option.

I was on the staircase that leads to my room that overlooks the city. You would think it would be quiet at night but the city never seems to sleep. You just get used to the noise. When I saw it, a note was dropped on the stairs. It read: Meet me in the garden at 12am tomorrow-Your Dark Knight.

I don't even know what to do. I can't go and tell my parents cause I'm sure they would just freak out until they found this "Dark Knight". Also which person is awake at 12am are they crazy.

I kept thinking about it while I was taking off my makeup and changing into something more comfortable. I kept racking my brain over who this person was. I could only think that it would be Dryden, but he could have told me on the walk it's not like our parents were even paying attention to us. They didn't even notice that we hadn't even said a word to each other.

I wanted to go and talk to him right now. It just wasn't adding up. I literally saw him walking the opposite direction of my room. He wouldn't have time to come here in secret when I was with him the whole time.

I tried to go to bed, but it just kept me up. "Meet me in the garden at 12am tomorrow-Your Dark Knight". It just kept repeating over and over. By morning I hadn't slept at all. I don't know how I was going to make it to 12 to meet this mystery man.

I was planning on staying in bed all day. Maybe even pretend to be sick. That's when I heard a knock at the door. Why can't I just be left alone? Before I could even ask who Henry was their Henry walked in.

"Come on Princess Tamara, we have a very busy schedule today. We have to go to breakfast, then you and Prince Dryden will be having a chance to get to know each other more. Then after that your parents had made reservations at this restaurant and before you ask yes you have to be there."

"How long should all this last?"

"I'm not sure, but if everything follows the schedule then you should be back in your room around 3. Which would be enough time to get through a few chapters so you don't fall behind in your studies."

"How long should that take?"

"Depends on you. Because I need to get you caught up to your brother. Your brother is already 5 chapters a head."

"Of course he is, why wouldn't he be,"I said while rolling my eyes. Why would I even care about him? Not once could they just say,"You're doing great," or ,"You got this."

Instead I get,"You need to try harder,"or,"Look at your brother, why can't you be like him?"

I'm so done with everything. I get ready in some casual wear. Mostly because no matter how hard Henry tried he would not get me into a dress this early. I want to wear pants and a shirt without someone going your royalty you need to dress like one.

I walk into the dining room and sit next to my mom like yesterday. I greet them and they get into talking about whatever. I really don't care because I want food, but the one thing I can't help but notice is that Dryden isn't here.

That's weird. He has to be him, but it just wouldn't add up not unless he got someone to do it for him. "Queen Honey, do you mind if I ask where Dryden is?"She looks at me for a moment then she goes,"Oh yes he wasn't feeling too well this morning I guess it's all the heat getting to him."

I don't know why but that answer only made me more suspicious. I don't think that's how the weather could affect anyone, but what do I know.

"I should go and check up on him,"I don't even know where that came from. The room went silent.

"It's quite alright honey you don't have to do anything,"Queen Honey said looking at me as if I have gone crazy and I might have.