絶望

(Y/n) was rushing through his chores. Feeding the animals, grooming the horse, collecting the eggs, and cleaning the fireplaces. It was nearing the time to leave, but all he had to do was find an outfit.

He knew where one was, one Cecilia never found.

After his father died, Cecilia had claimed all of his belongings. From his suits to his smoking pipes, everything that had once been his father's was now Cecilia's... all except for one.

(Y/n) gently opened the secret compartment under the stairs. It was originally made as a closet, but (Y/n) had kept it a secret so he could hide the only thing his father ever left him.

A formal suit, in a lovely shade of taupe, bought in preparation of a party they were all going to attend... before his mother became ill. His father never got the chance to wear it.

It was a little dusty with neglect, but it was still perfect. (Y/n) slipped it on. The jacket's sleeves were just a little bit too long. With the last few minutes he had left to get ready, (Y/n) quickly hemmed them to the perfect length.

The (s/c) man panted as he rushed into the foyer, entering just as Cecilia and the twins were about to leave.

"I'm ready!"

Daniel glared at him, arms crossed and a nasty scowl adorning his sickly pale face.

"Are you, now?"

Cecilia didn't look impressed.

"Your chores?"

"All done, miss."

Her gaze didn't waver.

"Every last one?"

"Yes, miss."

(Y/n) began to feel uncomfortable as her eyes lowered, inspecting almost every stitch of his suit.

"And where did you find this?"

"In my closet, miss."

He flinched when she approached. Her fingers trailed over the fabric, feeling the quality for herself.

"This looks a lot like his favorite style..."

(Y/n) tried not to pull away from her. The less suspicious he seemed, the better off he'd be.

"What do you mean, miss?"

"Don't play dumb."

He shivered when her icy hand slipped down the back of his shirt, pulling the tag up so she could read it.

"Just as I thought."

Her hand retreated and (Y/n) was left staring at the floor.

"That belonged to him. Why do you have it?"

Everything he wanted to say, he pointedly kept to himself. It wouldn't do to fight Cecilia now.

"I found it... does it really matter? I'm ready to go."

Cecilia huffed.

"Boys."

The twins snickered to themselves before they pounced. How was (Y/n) supposed to defend himself?

He focused on protecting his face while Daniel and Anthony clawed at him, ripping the jacket in multiple areas and snapping half of the buttons off his shirt.

When they were done, the suit was nothing more than rags hanging loosely off of his body.

(Y/n) began to cry.

"Come, boys. We don't want to be late."

Cecilia and her devil spawn left the poor (s/c) man there, a disheveled mess on the verge of a mental breakdown. He buried his face into his hands as despair took hold.