Prologue

Stormy watched as droplets of rain rolled down the windows to the manor. Thunder roared above head as Moon sat next to him, drinking some coffee reading the news.

It was a grand manor, yes, but perfect for him to stay. He knew Moon wasn't a regular cat, just wasn't sure what he was yet, and Stormy himself took on the role of being a fae.

Another tom lie nearby, dozing away on the couch.

"Stormy?" Moon caught his attention, and Stormy looked up. "There were apparently sightings of a blazing cat in Phen. Something much like a phoenix. This article also says some witnesses report the cat having been that same one that was left inside the burning cave." Moon informed.

"Curious. You sure it's not fake?" Stormy asked, looking at the article.

Moon nodded, confirming it. Stormy shrugged at that and got up to grab himself a cup of coffee. While he was pouring himself a cup, he thought about his mission. He had been working at this for almost a thousand years now, as punishment of having a kit. Or, well, his mortal counterpart having happen be his child.

It was like the vampire was right there, yet Stormy could never find it. It was almost irritating. He already knew Cookie was the werewolf he was set to find, yet Cookie was just a kit still, and Stormy had to bring the vampire and the werewolf to his home realm together.

Walking back over to the table, listening to the thunder, Stormy sat back down. "Oh, Stormy, I was wondering something," Moon asked. Stormy looked at the black and white tom and nodded. "Yeah? Ask away." He responded.

"I was wondering if tonight you wanted to go out for a walk with me?" Moon asked. Stormy nodded. "Of course, of course. That sounds nice." He agreed. Moon purred and took a sip of his coffee.

Of course, there were always going to be detours finding the vampire, but Stormy knew that making Moon happy was the one thing that brought himself happiness.