We Do Not Beg

The Monster quirks its' head, two tufts of feathers perking up as pointed ears would. The eyes held her, a spark of hope set inside, before they lowered to her hands, the spark snuffed at the very real possibility it would die soon.

She wasn't sure if she could harm the creature. It looked incapable of escaping its' binds, and it was certainly bird-like, meaning it had to be fragile, but she couldn't overlook the hook shaped talons of its' hands and feet, nor the wings folded on its' back.

She tried to speak with the creature, to ask its' name, but it could not give much in response. He was called 'Hero', he thinks anyway, but he felt that was quite bold for someone as he. She found it quite sweet, despite it being vague.
He wasn't sure when he got here or how long he'd waited, and food wasn't even answerable. A little odd that one couldn't remember their name or the specifics... but she couldn't either.

In the end, she wasn't sure what to do with him. His answers, though she felt they were truthful, were too vague for something she'd been warned about. The end of the world was quite daunting, and could she risk it on vagueness?
She couldn't kill the Monster, nor let him walk free, so she chose to let it remain. She assured him she would stay, comfort him until she was sure, but he would have none of it. Feathers ruffled and talons clawed as he stood, pushing her back as he stood at full height, tall and grand and frightful.

She jumped back from the Monster, knife in hand to fight should he come near, yet he remained where he was. His soft gaze had filled with anger, determination and hurt, reflected in his tone.

He didn't beg, he asked.