The Hunted

This one is... odd.

He clings to the roof and retreats to the corner, always watching, moving. He's skittish and alert and not a single word has escaped his throat since she arrived. Perhaps he suspected what she had in mind. After last time, she'd found herself less inclined to help him.
Despite all that, she could see the problem he was presenting her: he was nimble, quick, and alert. She could be quick, but if she made a mistake, it would cost her. Talking seemed to give nothing either, he was silent.

For a long time, they just watched one another, before she lunged towards him, knife poised to bring him down, not yet to kill. He flinched and darted aside, avoiding her and seeking the safety of distance, as far as his chain would let.
She whirled and flung the blade, having expected an attack, seeing him flee gave her an almost predatory satisfaction, but his yelp as the knife caught him twisted it to guilt. 'Hero' scrambled up the wall, curled up in the corner, liquid pain seeping from the wound she'd inflicted.

Her heart hurt, but she had to push it aside; this was what had to be.
He'd shown her what he was... right?
Was this a guise or has he been himself all along?
Driven on instincts to survive?

No. No.

She had a job to do here and he'd shown her his coldness, his sneakery, his aggression. This was another trick to get her to leave him alone, to let him destroy this world, but he was wrong to try tricking her.
She stalked towards the knife, eyes on him, and her other hand extending, slowly, towards his chain. He made a noise of pain and terror as he watched, frozen and helpless to try stopping her. He didn't feel she'd listen anyway...

A sharp tug and 'Hero' scrambled to stay in place.
Another brought him to the ground, exposed and at her mercy.