Loving hurts

Yuta couldn't deny his current situation. He was in Toge's bed. Toge was in his arms. And Maki was staring down at them. Toge was still asleep, so he had no clue what was happening.

"Care to explain yourself, Yuta?" She asked, her tone sharp as ever. Yuta swallowed. Maki was scary. Especially when it came to Toge. She was so protective of the boy. Yuta found it endearing at times and utterly terrifying other times.

Yuta took a deep breath. He could explain this! He knew he could!

"Toge wanted me to stay here. It's simple as that. I came over to talk to him and he wanted me to stay." Yuta said. Maki raised an eyebrow skeptically, but said nothing. Toge had woken up. He glanced up at Yuta and then at Maki. Toge blush furiously as he stared at the girl. Maki just laughed. She ruffled his hair before leaving the dorm.

"I'll leave you cuddle bugs alone." She called as she shut the door behind her. Yuta looked down at Toge with gentle eyes. Toge sighed and buried his head against Yuta shamefully. Yuta couldn't help but laugh.

Toge groaned. Yuta laughing at him was a little embarrassing to say the least.

Yuta could've laid like this for all of his life. But he knew that as long as Toge was left in the dark about his feelings, he couldn't have that. Yuta swallowed at the idea of actually confessing his feelings to Toge.

But Yuta knew he'd have to eventually. Rejection was bad, but never knowing was the worst possible fate.

But Yuta didn't want to be rejected. Not by someone as amazing as Toge. Yuta sighed and squeezed Toge tighter. He just wanted his mind to wander. Yuta must've squeezed Toge too tight, because the smaller boy yelped slightly.

Yuta loosened his grip immediately.

"You ok?" He asked gently. Yuta felt slightly guilty for causing Toge even small amounts of pain. Toge laughed softly and nodded. Yuta sighed with relief as he sat up.

Toge pouted as Yuta sat up. Toge sighed and followed his lead, however. The two had class, after all.

"You're coming today?" Yuta asked with wide eyes. Toge nodded with a slight smile. Yuta laughed and ruffled Toge's hair.

"That's good to hear." Yuta said softly, almost to himself. Toge didn't quite hear as he was already grabbing clothes. Yuta took a hint and left wordlessly.

Toge sighed as soon as Yuta shut the door behind him. "Yuta..." Toge whispered the name to himself. There was no harm in saying it if nobody could hear it, right? "I love you." He said softly. God, it felt good to get those words off of his chest.