Chapter Four: Wrist Band

I'm sorry I took so long to update!!!
Enjoy?

                         <~Wrist Band~>

                                   <~~~>

While you focused intently on the red and white target ahead of you, being as precise as possible with your throwing knives, you couldn't help but find it hard to focus. Your cheeks held a deep shade of red that refused to leave, with only one thing in mind.

You had a nightmare a few days ago, a nightmare that you had not had in a long time. And Donnie? He had climbed into your bed and comforted you through the night.

It filled your stomach with a hurricane of butterflies.

Something else on your mind was the performance you had in a few hours. You didn't know why you were so nervous for this one in particular, considering you've done countless other performances. Maybe because this time it would be with Donatello...?

"Y/n? A word?" Que's voice suddenly steals your attention, causing you to nod and set down your knives.

You follow him to the office in his trailer, walking closely behind him as his uncharacteristic silence set your nerves haywire.

He sits down in his office chair, wearing a scowl.

"What happened to you?" Que growls lowly, his eyes burning with a heavy swirl of anger and disapproval. "You used to be the perfect student."

"What did I do?" You whisper, fingers curling into fists in the pockets of your hoodie.

"Don't play DUMB with me!" He shouts, suddenly slamming his fist onto the surface of his desk with a heavy bang.

You flinch back, shocked at his sudden behavior. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." He says this in a low and threatening voice, standing from his chair and towering over your smaller figure.

"I-I don't, Que. Please." You whisper as your lip trembled, slowly shrinking back away from the man.

"The freak. Donatello." He mutters. "There's something going on between you two, and I sense it isn't platonic."

"W-what?" You stammer, tears welling in your eyes as your heart hammered in your rib cage. You couldn't deny that you feared he would hit you again.

"Squash it. Friends don't cuddle. Friends don't look at each other I see you two do."

You shake your head rapidly, a single tear slipping from your eye.

Que ignores your tears and frightened shaking, as he reaches down into his desk. You watch silently as he pulls out one of his blue bracelets.

"W-wait!" You plead.

Que steps forward, reaching for your wrist.

You match his steps, backing away frantically. Your back hits the wall of the trailer roughly, before you feel Que's large hands wrap around your wrist.

The wrist band is on in seconds.

"I'd never thought I'd have to use this on you again, but it seems like I was wrong." Que says simply, shrugging his shoulders before reaching into his pocket and dangling the remote in your face. "Now you better mind yourself. Go on."

You speed from the trailer, tears streaming down your cheeks as you headed directly for your room, craving the solace it provided.

You hurry through the crowd of the other circus employees, pushing past everyone with your head down. However, on the way, you were spotted.