Chapter 7

Jeongyeon felt like floating—in an endless abyss of air and emptiness of a hollowed room black in depth. The seemingly boundless black hole with no one accounted for company. She drifts away in the space of grey—no signs of air, smooth enough to swallow through her hoarse and choked throat.

She could feel the uneasiness, the tiny bites, and scratches of small ludicrous ants in a smear of non-spreading blood on her hands. She looked at it, feeling more vast and puffy than she was accustomed to. A giant baseball foam of hands that look imaginative to most, yet undoubtedly natural in this situation. The lack of oxygen was driving her crazy, drowsily so, yet she was still alive. Barely living, but alive.

The fiction of her mind could not grasp the reality of what was truly happening to her. In a space so black and dark with no one at her side of presence. She could still feel the unwanted—disgusted—gaze of unfamiliarity that was of a human's emotion. The ones that send bold, hard meteors in her stomach that grumble and fight an endless war. Jeongyeon could only grimace. Nayeon's face of thrill and anger, stuck in a psychotic trance, haunts her memories. Unrecognizable, however, she understands. Years of torment would change a person's view of others—she fully expected her to act just as much.

But this? A dream or maybe a surreal reality of—being absorbed by the cold yet smooth marbling of the walls of her dying nightmare—a place she once called a tomb, cellar, dungeon, anything medieval or Egyptian funeral tradition she could've nurtured in her mind. A place so vile for her to open a space for it in her brain, which crawls and sends her in a shock wave of frustration. The stinging sensation was creeping back into her system, open and wounded.

Some might call Azkaban the last place of resting for crooked criminals or even a torture chamber deemed unlivable in the Wizarding World. Considered herself lucky at most, surviving such a gorey and lifeless place that undeniably brought numerous chills down her spine. She remembers it, too familiar with its feeling—standing near its structure was enough to make her hurl all of her last remaining breakfast.

And when Nayeon brought her there, not just brought her—cast a wicked spell that swallowed her whole, rendered less life on hold—Jeongyeon wanted to scream bloody murder. Begging for a life she never deserved in the first place was the last thing she thought she had to do. The endless pounding was a visible construct on her chest, and the loud, earned shout of agony in her mind was wishing for it to stop. But until the last of her vision comes to a halt—negotiations slip out of her tongue. Nayeon never really listened and heard her—Her silence was deafening and an answer at best. She never really cared.

And so, Jeongyeon drifts. In a place in between the time and space, she races ahead. All of the pent-up emotion piling up inside her heart was ready to combust in an endless amount of ammunition that shot far and wide in this—cosmical place. If this is what the afterlife looks like, Jeongyeon wishes it wasn't so barren and lonely. She looks and feels like an astronaut detached from its long steel wires of lifeline, transversely in space. She wished that the hot and itchy spreads of stings on her back were ending—the pain was her only companion in this area.

She could feel it, the last bit of her breath that she could ever swallow disperse in her blood system—slowly disappearing as it rounds all of her weakening body. The last bit of blood that she could ever feel flowed inside the tubes to her organs, hanging on the last strings of life-thread she had ever had. Her view darkens in a slump-up feeling of hollowness, a wasteland of hope, with no brightly coloured hands to hold on to her steed. She was dying and surprisingly ready to embrace the afterlife—a darkened view in her eyes. Until she felt it.

A hook that nicked harshly against her nape—resembling a fish caught in the sea—hurriedly tugged. Pulled in a sharp and quick reeled of lines that kept on pulling, feeling weightless and vulnerable—upwards. It drags Jeongyeon across the hemisphere—not wanting to let go. A shining—blinding light engulfs her whole body, and then the air whiffs inside her two meek and empty lungs—too much for her liking. She was... undoubtedly—alive.