4 - Traitors Never Win

“Do you think he likes me?”

“Maw.”

“He’s been extra sweet these past few days. God, I’m literally going crazy. I don’t know what he’s thinking.”

“Maw.”

“What? Of course not! I mean, I did want that at first but we already talked about it.”

“Maw.”

“Stop. We’re friends. It’d be better if we stay that way.”

She didn’t answer back. I guess she’s had enough of me. Well, what should I do? I have no idea where we are going with this. All I know is I’m hungry and I want some donuts. My cat looked at me like she was staring directly to my soul. I know she wanted to eat this donut but she shouldn’t. And besides, she was teasing me about Armin!

A beep on my phone distracted me as I munch down my donut. It’s from Hitch.

YOU REALLY DUMPED HIM?”

My eyebrow raised after reading her message. I haven’t even replied yet when she sent me another one.

“And Pieck told me you have a new boyfriend now like wtf? I’m your bestfriend and she knows more???”

She finally gave me the chance to reply.

“It’s been a month since we ended everything, Hitch. How are you not updated? And no, I don’t have a new boyfriend.”

I knew Pieck just couldn’t shut her mouth. I know what she said to her about that night.

“WELL DUH, how would I know if you keep hiding from us??? Where are you anyway?”

“Won’t tell.”

And the bitch just couldn’t get satisfied. Now, she’s calling me. Oh, well. I missed her just blabbering about everything so I answered it.

“Bitch! Just how long do you plan on hiding? We miss you so bad. Pieck couldn’t stop talking about his bearded boy toy and I’m sick of it!”

I laughed hard. Hearing her voice kinda put my mind at ease.

“I don’t know but don’t worry. I’m actually doing fine.”

“Yeah, after cheating on your narcissist boyfriend with the mother fucking MARCEL GALLARD AND THEN DUMPING HIM AFTER 3 MONTHS? How did you even get away from that???”

“Well, Marcel is a good guy, but I never thought it would be that serious. I just don’t think we deserve each other after what we did to Boris.”

“Annie, just what the hell happened between you guys?”

~

Marcel started the engine and I just sit and wait casually. He drove fast enough as if we were being chased by the cops. It felt like we just commited a heist.

But we commited something much worse.

It’s been thirty minutes of just driving around the city and the car radio was blasting off our ears. It was loud enough that I couldn’t even hear my phone ringing. Or maybe I was just pretending I couldn’t hear it.

“I’ll show you something,” Marcel yelled trying to overpower the radio’s volume.

He drove faster and the next thing I know, we were on a cliff and I could see the whole city from here. We were both leaning on his car.

“Lago just looks breathtaking at night,” I said as I scanned the whole city.

I heard him chuckle. “So I think it’s true.”