GOOD MORNING LOVE

LOVE!

GOOD MORNING LOVE!

I woke up in a soft and cozy bed rubbing my eyes to shake off the sleepiness. "Where am I?" I mumbled to myself still feeling a bit sleepy.

Suddenly it all came rushing back to me—my failed attempt to escape, getting caught, and the conversation in the car—it finally made sense.

I looked at my surroundings and I was back in the same bed where I had slept the night before heading to The Community.

Throwing the blanket aside, I rose from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

Goodness gracious!

I looked like a ghost from centuries past. I quickly brushed my teeth and splashed water on my face hoping to look a little presentable.

As I descended the stairs, a tantalizing aroma wafted through the air making my hunger grow even more intense.

The house was strangely empty, "Where did everyone go?" I wondered and entered the kitchen where the man I had confessed everything to was standing behind the counter. A small smile spread across my face though I couldn't quite explain why. With his head held low, he plated the food.

"Good morning, love," he greeted me and my entire body froze.

Love.

His eyes locked onto mine and a shiver ran down my spine as I listened to his cold yet strangely soothing voice. "Good morning," I managed to reply though my voice came barely above a whisper as I slowly made my way towards the counter.

"Where is Atlas, Orion, and everyone else?" I asked my curiosity getting the better of me. He picked up the now-filled plate which had a fluffy cake-like dish, some roasted potatoes, and a steaming cup of very British tea.

"Atlas has a concert in Los Angeles, so he's quite busy there," he explained placing the plates on the marble table.

"As for Orion, he's in Manhattan. And as for the workers, they're all on vacation," he added arranging everything with perfection.

"So, it's just you and me?" I asked raising an eyebrow and leaning against the door. He chuckled softly, "You catch on quickly," he replied playfully.

I walked over to the dining table and took a seat. In the center of the table there was a vase filled with flowers, a black-colored candle, marbles, and a basket of fresh fruits. The ceiling had an impressive chandelier casting a warm glow over the room.

"That looks absolutely delicious," I commented as my mouth watered at the sight of the dish. He had even taken the time to cut the dish into smaller.

A noticeable change in his character.

"It's an Italian dish that my grandma used to make," he replied taking a seat beside me. "It's called frittata," he explained averting his eyes as I caught him looking at me. This wasn't the first time I had noticed his gaze.

"Did you make it?" I asked looking at him curiously. He nodded his gaze still avoiding mine. "Indeed," he said before taking a bite of the frittata. We continued eating in silence.

"Why did you bring me here?" I finally broke the silence taking a sip of my tea. He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "You mentioned that you didn't want to stay at the community, remember?" I nodded in response.

"Well, I thought it would be better for you to stay here," he explained wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"But you could have left me at home," I suggested looking at him intently. He shook his head "I wouldn't have thought that was the best choice," he replied in a firm voice. I knew exactly why he wouldn't have left me at home—my father.