Chapter 6- quidditch

I slip out of bed, yelping as something ice cold touched my foot. Charlotte looking at me in confusion, her hair was in a bonnet that sagged around her as she looked up at me. Her eyebags practically black under her eyes. It was 5.30 am.

Lou was in the shower already, the steam coming out from under the door. She was singing loud in the bathroom. "Slytherin go go!" On repeat as she washed. I burst out laughing as Charlotte rolled her eyes unamused.

"Every year she makes me go to try outs.. at least she has you who is actually trying to get on the team.." she says as she creams her face. Sighing at her eye bags and a tiny spot above her brow. "Yea.. I don't mind quidditch as a sport.. can't stand watching though.." I murmur softly.

I look down at the floor, spotting the cold thing I'd stepped on. A little green metal thing, I picked it up pressing a little button on the side. It clattered to the floor as a little knife shot out the side, it was a pocket knife. I push the blade back inside to look at the design more. It had a T engraved into the fancy metal.

Actually maybe it was a cross, Charlotte said the girl they shared with before was extremely Christian and went to go be home schooled because the school wasn't religious enough. I check with Charlotte who said she'd never seen it before. Slipping it into my pocket.

I pulled on one of Lou's spare Slytherin kits, I'd had a shower the night before so I could have a sleep in. Lou had a little skirted kit that she despised, she was a massive Tom-boy unlike me or Charlotte. I pull it on, they were short and green.

My thigh muscles obvious as I pulled on the tight top that Charlotte had leant me; as she no longer played quidditch. It was rather tight, especially against my breasts, the little skirt flowing from my hips. I'd matched it with little white socks and some green trainers.

My broom abandoned to the side, I didn't mind the quidditch uniform that much because the skirt had pockets. Lou had found a way to add some in first year. Charlotte glanced at me and grins "you look good.." she laughs as she finished her light makeup.

Picking up a book to put in her already overflowing tote bag, to keep her busy during try outs. "Thanks.." I say with a grin as I put a tad bit of concealer under my eyes, I'd had the worst sleep. I hadn't even got the lye in I wanted, I'd woken with a start like someone was watching me.

I shake the feeling off, it was probably just a nightmare. I go to reach for my lipbalm, a pink rose lipbalm that was my absolute favourite. I'd put it on the counter I was sure of it, I look up as my hand grips nothing. It wasn't there.

"Charlotte... did you see where I put my lipbalm?" I murmur softly, opening a few draws it might have fallen in. Then I realise the nail varnish I put next to it was also gone. I made it to my lipbalm draw to find it neatly placed in, I don't remember putting it back. Weird.

"Never mind found it.." I murmur to myself, me and Charlotte didn't get much time to do make up before we where getting dragged of the the quidditch pitch. My brother was Slytherin team captain and keeper, he was actually quite observant and quick.. physically quick at least.

Charlotte cringed as we stepped on the muddy pitch, quickly making her was to the stands to seek shelter. I was going for beater, my mum used to play a mini version of quidditch of me. My brother grinned as he saw me, he knew how good I was. Despite his hatred for me, his pride for his house was bigger. I'd heard him talk about crushing Ravenclaw in quidditch and win the cup.

Lou was buzzing, radiating energy and twitching in excitement. Going for chaser like she was last year, a good role for her due to her jumpy and energetic energy, me and Lou where both shorter then the rest of the team. But I knew I'd beat most of them so I stood tall.

My legs littered with goosebumps, as I catch someone staring at me. I avoid Toms gaze at all coasts, like Lou had said to, he was my new potions partner. I'd received a letter from slughorn about it yesterday. It was better than Abrax who was also staring at me like food, something to devour.

They all had set places, Tom was seeker which I guess made sense. He was quick and observant from what I'd seen and you got extra credit and a mark for being on the team on your results. Another reason i was doing it. Victor was the other beater, which was perfect sense because he was all muscle and aggression.

After sone zipping round the field and batting, both me and Lou got a place on the team, not many people tried out other than first years. But I was still rather proud, I'd beaten Abrax and he looked angry. Lou and me babbled on, Charlotte trailing behind us still nose deep in her book.

(911 words)