Chapter 3

On a tiny island, Daffy Duck hums a song and looks through his telescope.

Daffy: (singing) Fourteen hundred and ninety-two, dah-de-dum dee-do-do, rum-dim-dim, dee-do-dee-do

Daffy sticks his telescope on his head

Zoey: Daffy!

Daffy: (looking through the telescope the wrong way, making Zoey appear farther away, shouting) Whoa! Mermaid off the port bow! Zoey, how you doin' kid?

Daffy lowers the telescope to reveal Zoey at wing's length

Zoey: Hi Daffy.

Daffy: Whoa, what a swim!

Zoey: Daffy - look what we found.

Zoey pulls up her bag and hands it to Dayy.

Jimmy: Yeah - we were in this sunken ship - it was really creepy.

Daffy: Human stuff, huh? Hey, lemme see.

Daffy drops an anchor. It catches on his foot and knocks him off his perch. Rummaging through Zoey's bag, he takes out the fork.

Daffy: Oh! Oh! Look at this. Wow - this is special - this is very, very unusual.

Zoey: What? What is it?

Daffy: It's a dinglehopper! Humans use these little babies... to straighten their hair out.

Daffy twirls the fork around his feathers.

Daffy: See - just a little twirl here an' a yank there and - voiolay!

Daffy's feathers go up in a poof

Daffy: You got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over.

Daffy hands the fork back to Zoey.

Zoey: A dinglehopper!

Jimmy: (in reference to the pipe) What about that one?

Daffy: (picking up the pipe) Ah - this I haven't seen in years. This is wonderful! A banded, bulbous - snarfblat.

Zoey and Jimmy: (turning to each other) Ohhh

Daffy: Now, the snarfblat dates back to pre-historical times, when humans used to sit around, and stare at each other all day. Got very boring. So, they invented the snarfblat to make fine music. Allow me.

Daffy blows into the pipe. Seaweed pops out the other end.

Daffy: (coughing) It's stuck!

Zoey: (mortified) Music? Oh, the concert! Oh my gosh, my father's gonna kill me!

Jimmy: The concert was today?

Daffy: (still contemplating pipe) Maybe you could make a little planter out of it or somethin'.

Zoey: (snatching the pipe hurriedly) Uh, I'm sorry, I've gotta go. Thank you, Daffy.

Zoey waves

Daffy: Anytime sweetie, anytime.

Daffy waves back as the camera zooms away.