My Valentine

(Yumi x oc)

A/N : get it? The title? Because it's valentine's day and the ocs name is valentine? Get it? Get it??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today has been absolute shit. I wake up to the world's most driest phone ever, I have zero plans for today and the only thing that would make me feel better is a nice big bottle of whiskey with coke.

Pretty pathetic, yes? It's valentine's day, the day that I was named after! I mean, i guess I was used to this. I haven't gotten into any long-term relationships that lasted till valentine's day. But whatever. I can buy myself my own flowers and not give myself an allergic reaction while I'm at it.

Speaking of, I was on my way to go buy myself flowers and some alcohol when my best friend ran up to me from behind.

Of course I see the love of my life today. As I do every other day. Except today feels different. Today feels like it has something missing.

"Hey Val! Happy name day!"

He smiled, lightly hitting me on the side.

I chuckled, turning my head to look up at him. He's a little bit taller than me, but that doesn't stop him from calling me a fucking elf. But it's okay because it's him.

"Blake! Thanks! Where are you going?"

I asked him. He looked straight and started talking about some 'limited edition shirt' or whatever, but if I was going to be honest, I wasn't paying attention in the slightest. The way his hair slightly bounced when he took a step, the way his eyes glistened even tho it isn't the sunniest day today and the way his smile was so contagious was too distracting.

"And the rainbow unicorn I'm gonna ride home later is coming with me too."

He said, clearly in a joking matter, which meant that he realized he was basically talking to a brick wall. I shook my head and looked at him with a confused expression.

"What the fuck are you on about?"

He looked at me with a blank face.

"You're doing that thing again."

"What thing?"

"Not listening to me! I'm really excited about that shi-"

Aaaand I've lost him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually we made it to the flower shop, so I began just looking around. Blake followed me like a lost puppy, quietly looking at the same flowers i touched or even looked at.

"Soo... Got a valentine?"

I nervously asked, knowing damn well that if he did i'd break down in the middle of this shop. I silently slapped myself for even asking.

"No.. but I'm planning on asking this really pretty girl I've known for a while now."

Oh, well fuck me in the ass and crucify me. I felt my heart fall apart into a thousand small little pieces as he smiled at me with his stupid adorable fucking smile. The same one I hate and love oh so much.