| prologue |

"Yes, I'm sure I got to the right address

"Yes, I'm sure I got to the right address." Samantha, who mostly goes by Sam, chuckled at her mom being worried on the other side of the call. "I'll call you when I settle in. Love you, mom."

Sighing, she took a quick look at the tall building in front of her, the realization of starting a new chapter suddenly hitting her. With as positive mind as possible, she grabbed both of the huge suitcases and made her way into the building.

Getting a scholarship at the SNU was something Sam had never ever dreamed of, yet here she was, about to move into her first apartment in Seoul, South Korea. As much as she worried about her Korean she felt relieved that her roommate spoke perfect english. She was hopeful for a new friendship and perhaps his kindness of teaching her the language too, until all of those hopeful scenarios came crushing down like a ton of bricks.

As Sam was about to open the door to her shared apartment with a guy named Jaehyun, she heard music already coming from the inside. Gulping, she grabbed the knob and let herself in. After all, it was her house too now.

"Hello?" she said too quietly for him to hear. She closed the door behind her and watched as her new roommate looked through a box of his vinyls, an apple in his mouth as his hands were occupied.

Sam cleared her throat and spoke up again, louder this time, which finally worked, he turned around.

"Sorry," Jaehyun said with a small piece of an apple still in his mouth. And just as she was about to greet him with a smile on her face, it faltered the closer he got to her. His brows furrowed too when her features registered in his mind. "Wait..."

"Jamal?"

"Samantha?"

The two simultaneously dropped their jaws slightly, helpless scoffs leaving their lips. "You have got to be kidding me." the girl blurted out, the sight of her high school's camp competitor bringing back all the hatred she had for him — and vice versa.

Maybe if she only knew Jamal's Korean name, they could've avoided this shitshow. Maybe if Jaehyun cared more about who he's renting an apartment with, they could've never have to see each other again.

But here they were, stuck together under the same roof that soon enough would become their biggest nightmare.

another beginning!! i'm so excited for this one 🤭 expect a lot of cliche, cringy stuff mixed with adorableness, angst and spiciness ;) also support jaehyun's solo debut!!

also support jaehyun's solo debut!!