Chapter 5

Adamsapple content for you guys⬆️

The sun was shining high in the sky, and Adam and Lilith were off doing their tasks. Earlier that morning Adam had introduced Lucifer to Lilith, within an hour the two were practically inseparable. Adam was glad they enjoyed each other but he couldn't help but feel that something was growing between the two, which was why he tried to keep them separate at times. He feared the thought of his wife leaving him for his first and only friend.

"Don't be ridiculous, they are only friends. I'm sure that would never happen," Adam thought to himself, but even he was unsure if he could trust his own reassuring thoughts. Even when afar and through all the noises the animals make, he could hear Lilith laughing. She had never laughed that happily when Adam was there. He sighed in disappointment, he guessed he would have to try harder.

After naming a couple dozen animals he made his way back to where Lucifer and Lilith were working together. It took a little time but finally the bushes and trees parted to reveal the familiar landscape Adam saw when he was first made, and in the distance he could see Lucifer and Lilith running around chasing each other. They were really enjoying each other, Lilith more. At that moment he felt a lot of different feelings, but the most prominent feeling was the heaviness in his heart. Then it was the lump in his throat. Gosh, something about what he was seeing made him..sad? Yearning? Adam shook his head, the thoughts was getting out of the box.

He ran through the tall grass and called out to the two, "Hey!"

Lucifer and Lilith stopped running and turned around, Lucifer was first to greet him, "Hi Adam!"

"Hey Adam," Lilith also greeted, "Are you hungry?" She asked him.

Adam smiled at her and responded, "No, not right now."

Lilith nodded at him, "Well okay then. But Lucifer showed me this delicious fruit, and I wanted you to try it."

"Oh, sure," Adam said, had Lilith really thought about him? He felt his sadness and yearning being replaced with joy. Lilith took Adam's hand and led him through lots of trees and bushes, Lucifer followed close behind. They finally arrived at a beach, Lilith kept dragging Adam until they reached a tree only inches taller than him. This tree had long thick leaves, at the end of some of these leaves there was pink fruit, the pink fruits had "spikes" that faded from pink to green at the tips.

Lucifer told Adam, "This is a dragonfruit, the skin is hard but the inside is really good, there are a lot of seeds but they are small and edible." He gestured at the tree. Lilith let go of Adam's hand to grab one of the fruits, she pulled one off easily and raised it up for Adam to see.

"LUCCCIIIFFFEEEERRRR!!" A high-pitched voice called out loudly, all three jumped in surprise. Lilith and Adam turned to look at Lucifer.

"Oh! Yeah, that's Sera calling me! Hey, I'll see you guys tomorrow maybe?" Lucifer said, Lilith looked disappointed but smiled at him.

"Sounds good," She agreed, Adam nodded at Lucifer.

Lucifer flew up, "Byeeee! I promise I'll see you guys tomorrow! Bye, Lilith! Bye, Adam!!" Lucifer waved and yelled out behind him as he disappeared into the sky.

"Let's get back to the hill and then you can try it," Lilith told Adam.

"Ok," Adam responded, he finally got to spend time with her. The two walked back through the bushes and trees to the hill. When they got back they sat down across from each other on the grass. Lilith grabbed a sharp rock and was about to start hitting the fruit with it when Adam grabbed her wrist.

"No, I should do it. You're to soft to be doing hard work," Adam told her, without another word he took both the fruit and the sharp rock from her. He immediately got to work, it didn't take long before half the pink fruit was no longer pink. The inside of it was white and had lots of small black seeds. Adam looked at Lilith, she wasn't smiling, instead she wore a frown and her eyebrows were scrunched up.

"Go on, why don't you try it. I swear it's amazing," Lilith insisted, "or am I too small to be making these suggestions?"

Adam frowned at her, what was her deal? He saved her the trouble of peeling off the hard skin, was it something he said? Adam lifted the fruit up to his mouth and bit into the inside, it was soft and had a lot of juice. The seeds were a little crunchy.

"Well?" Lilith asked, her arms were crossed over her chest.

"It's good! It's amazing Lilith, thanks for insisting I try this," Adam told her, she just shrugged and looked down.

"It wasn't my idea, it was Lucifers," Lilith responded plainly.

"Oh," Adam said, so Lilith hadn't thought of him. His joy was soon turned into yearning once again. Why couldn't Lilith just treat him the way she treats Lucifer?

"I think it's best to get some sleep now," Lilith said, Adam looked up at the sky. It was pink mixed with orange and purple.

Adam looked at her and said, "There's still time, why don't we do something fun?"

"No," Lilith answered, "I don't think we should." Her face was blank, no expression. Adam hoped she wasn't losing interest or anything. He thought about it, when she was with Lucifer she had been happy. But now, with him, Lilith was giving Adam the cold shoulder.

Lilith stood up and so did Adam, he dropped the fruit and placed both of his hands on her shoulders, "Why don't you act as happy with me than you are with Luci?" He asked Lilith, she bit the inside of her lip, was he really not aware of what he says or does?

"Are you kidding? Don't be serious Adam," Lilith said, she slapped Adams arms off her shoulders. Without another word or glance she turned around and walked off somewhere, someplace she could rest without anyone bothering her.

Adam stood there watching Lilith walk off, her long hair swaying behind her. That heaviness was in his heart again, and this time he didn't just feel sadness or yearning. This time he also felt something welling up inside him, something like anger.

Words:1048

Thank you for reading! Took a while for this chapter to come out, but that's ok. This flashback might continue for 1-2 chapters maybe. Upvote or simply comment, I hope u enjoyed. I'll see u in the next chapter!👾

Thanks to my pookie who also ships AdamsApple and is hyping this shit up♥️