STREETS OF BLOOD

Jp opened the hatch on the sewer and looked around the streets. Everything didn't look like this when he was here before the Russian invasion and now it looked a lot worse.
"Tell me about this plan Z Myka. What is this?"
"When the Fuhrer knew the Allies couldn't be held back for long. He sought out new tactics in case Germany would lose the war. He had the SS build the funding for a Wunder weapon program. He sought out Group 935 and the work of Dr. Peter Straub. Two scientists that had the potential and plans to overthrow any attempt of invasion. Group 935 had discovered a very power artifact that has the power to manipulate the world around us and even the power to bring back the dead. Many assassination attempts were carried out to stop him but those who opposed him never succeeded. I fear humanity will not survive this"
Myka said.
"Not if we have anything to say about it. What are we facing?"
Jp asked.
"The artifact had the power to raise the dead. I have seen what this artifact can do. This process could be reversed but only if all three pieces were together. Once founded, they were separated und I may know where one piece is. The place isn't far from here. We must go to the abandoned theatre where I erm worked"
Myka said.
"How do we kill them?"
Sierra asked. "It is simple matter. Removing the brain or shooting in the head will suffice. Body parts will only slow them down only to come back again"
"Zombies...that's what my grandfather told me. Dead men that walk the earth because of voodoo magic. He might have been a crazy hermit but he wasn't lying about any of this"
"Undead zombies. This just turns the scare knob up past the fan. We must be cautious and careful"
Jp said holding his rifle.
"Bites and scratches. Either one or way you become one of them. They crave only one thing and that is the flesh of our flesh. The living. They may still seem human but they're merely driven by basic human instincts or whatever brain functions are left"
Myka added.
"Screw the science mumbo jumbo shit, this plan z has the ability to threaten the world. There must be a way to stop it"
"If we return to my workshop then there might be answers there"
Myka insisted.
"You seemed to have a plan for every corner. You mind telling us why?"
Dee asked.
"I know I'm a German soldier and you have every right to be hostile but you have to trust me"
"Tell us what you know"
Jp insisted. "After my men unearthed the artifact it was given to the board of Group 935 then passed to Adolf Hitler. A scientific arms race meant to better the human condition. Our own Chancellor threatened to win the war for all of Germany in the favor of demonic arts. That power is what we are currently fighting against. Legend has it that if there was an artifact created to birth a great evil then there is another to bring a great balance"
"I've heard tales of such things. Powers that no man should have. If we are to find this powerful element then we can vanquish the army of darkness hell has bestowed upon us all. Bringing forth a true end to the war"
Sierra said with a lot of conviction.
The four walked through the empty streets but it was Jp who looked through his scoped M1 garand. He had saw his first zombie feeding on the corpse of a woman. He realized this was the woman he encountered in the bar. "Fucking Hell spawn!"
Jp aimed his rifle and fired.
BLAM!
"No!"
Myka yelled.
The bullet made its mark into the skull of the corpse but the sound of the bullet reverberated through the streets. Screams and howls from the undead filled the air and they started appearing through every corner of the street.