Chapter 7: A Fall From Grace

We have been at camp for a few weeks now. I have been staying with Luke in Hermes cabin. Mainly cause Hades didn't have a cabin. 

I stood at Thalia's tree. All my life, I thought she was a figment of my imagination. To which, I ended up forgetting about. My body was filled with guilt. However, the more time I spent thinking about the past. I started to remember more and more, the memories I tucked away. 

"I knew you reminded me of someone," Annabeth's voice joined me. She stood next to me. "I'll take it as a compliment."

"Good, 'cause it was meant as one." 

Silence fell between us. It was a comfortable one. "Are you staying here for the summer?" She asked me. "I haven't had the chance to speak with my father. I don't think I'm ready to. So yes, I'll be staying." 

"That's good because I had my siblings design something for you." She offered me her hand. I looked at her and accepted her hand. "What is it?" 

"You'll see."

Annabeth showed me a brand-new cabin. It looked like all the cabins on the outside. "Cabin 13 for you. Daughter of Hades." She let go of my hand and opened the door for me. "Come on in!" I could hardly believe it. I grinned and followed her inside the cabin. Inside there was only one bed. Made sense cause it was only me. It was decorated with black, purple, and silver around the inside. A place for my swords and any other weapons. I had a whole wall of shelves so I knew I could put my books there. I had my own dresser where I could leave my clothes in it. "It's so beautiful! Thank you! Please tell your siblings that I say thank you as well." It wasn't dark and gloomy like in the underworld. It wasn't bright like in Olympus. It was a good mix of both. 

*** *** ***

On the 4th of July. Annabeth, Percy, and I were having a picnic on the beach. the whole camp was there for a firework display by cabin nine. Not a surprise Hephaestus's kids wanted to control the fireworks. I was excited to watch for the first time. Grover showed up to tell us goodbye. He was looking older now. Almost high school age. His goatee had gotten ticker. He put on weight. His horns had grown an inch. "I'm off. I just came to say... Well, you know."

I enveloped him in a hug. "It's not goodbye. It's a see you later," I told him. I knew we couldn't go on this quest with him. It made it so much harder. "For sure," Grover agreed. 

"Where are you going?" Percy asked. 

"Has to be a secret."

"You got enough tin cans for the trip? Oh, and your reed pipes?" Annabeth questioned. 

"Jeez, Annabeth. You're like an old mama goat," He mumbled. But he wasn't annoyed. "Well, wish me luck." He gave me and Annabeth another hug then clapped Percy on the back. 

He began to walk off but Percy called out making him glance back at us. "Wherever you go, I hope they make good enchiladas." Grover cracked a smile then he was off. 

*** *** ***

July passed

One night there was a knock at the cabin door. I stood up and walked over to open it. I was ready for bed. I had a long day of training with Athena's cabin. "Luke," I greeted him with a small smile. I was quite surprised to see him hear. I thought he'd be out with the other campers. "Alexis, hey. I just wanted to come in and talk for a moment. I hope it's not a bad time."

"No," I shook my head and stepped to the side. "Come on in."  

He smiled at me and I could see why Annabeth had a big crush on him. His sandy hair and his blue eyes. The scar on his face made him look more handsome. Granted, Luke is about 19 and we are 12. There's no way he'd look at us like that. "There was something I was hoping to talk to you about," He spoke as he came inside.