chapter one - speed and names

" Do you have your cane incase you need to come in love ? " my mother asks.

I nod my head, she tells me she loves me, shuts the door, and walks into the store. My mother and I are at a drug store named royal globe, in Compton, East LA California.

I feel around for my drink, venti green tea from the famous Starbucks, I don't preferably like to drink coffee. I feel the cool droplets and start to drink from the plastic straw.

The drivers seat door opens and I hear heaving breathing, maybe my mother is just out of breath from the hot sun. Or maybe she ran out of the store for some odd reason.

The door slams shut and I hear things being moved around. In about seven seconds the car starts with vibrations traveling all throughout the vehicle.

The car starts to move with a jolt and I know that we are speeding and that this isn't my mother. I smell cigarets and instantly start to cough.

The person who has stolen my mothers car starts to scream while still speeding and I start to scream.

" Who are you ?! " asked a deep husky voice.

" Who are you ! " I semi shouted where the deep husky voice came from.

" Please just shut up, I have to f.ucking figure out what to do now "

I only nodded in response. Afraid if I did anything else he would pull a move. I started to twiddle my fingers back and fourth.

It was a bad habit I got from my dad. He left our family without any support, without any warning, it's like he just disappeared.

Around the time that he left I was only 4 and I became blind. The doctors had done so many test that the bills kept adding up. Now I can only see a little bit out of my cornea in each eye.

I hadn't noticed that I have been crying, I quickly wipe my eyes with my hand and try to be quiet.

" Please just drop me off here, I promise I won't call anyone or do anything. " I tried to pled with the man driving.

" I can't do that, there would be to much to risk and to much lose, you have to come with me. "

" Please .. " I whimper out.

" I'm sorry. " he truly did seem sorry, but I know that I can't trust him.

" By the way, my name is Andrew. "